New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi,

Thinking about having Speedlab install a kit on my Prado with a 3.0L TDIC (1KZ-TE) engine. Would you know if they have done an install on the same ride before? Appreciate pix, if they have or if you have.

What kit should I be having them install? Will I be able to save some money if I have the Stage 1 kit installed? Or will that not work, so I should have the Stage 2 kit installed instead?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hi,

Thinking about having Speedlab install a kit on my Prado with a 3.0L TDIC (1KZ-TE) engine. Would you know if they have done an install on the same ride before? Appreciate pix, if they have or if you have.

What kit should I be having them install? Will I be able to save some money if I have the Stage 1 kit installed? Or will that not work, so I should have the Stage 2 kit installed instead?

Thanks!
    If it has a turbo diesel engine then we have a kit on it in more than a few countries.

Here's a dual nozzle set up on that particular engine. Nice gain in overall power. You can go with the Stage one kit and opt for the dual nozzle upgrade and save a bit of money. Or just a single 3gph nozzle at the intake still gives great power.

Both systems make good power, it's all about having more control over the flow with the Stage 2 kit, but you can always upgrade later with just 4 electrical connections to be made.

The owner found out were not kidding about the pre-turbo nozzle giving you extra boost and making the turbo act like a larger more efficient unit all that with more power, and lower exhaust gas temperatures.

Ok well I did not tap my MAP signal wire good enough.... the wire moved in the tapper and it did not cut. I fixed that and the controller responds correctly now... it was not responding correctly because of the bad tap.

I took it for a drive of the freeway.... went about 20 miles... I got home and had used all the water in my tank! Wow this sucks it up fast.... I'm going to have to mod up another tank that feeds my washer fluid tank soon! I can put the other tank on my wheel well on the passenger side in the engine compartment.... I got room there by a fuse box...

So I ran just water first... so going 70 MPH on the freeway, I typically boost about 6-8 PSI... with the water on I was doing 9 PSI on the dot.... there might have been some head wind sooo its hard to say... will the pre turbo nozzle cause hire boost then normal?

What I noticed is that when I would go into the higher RPM range the engine sounded much cleaner and I was able to go into higher RPM easier and sounded better...

When I cruise at 70 MPH on the freeway my exhaust temps are usually around 800 degrees... with the WI running it was staying about 100 degrees cooler (700) then normal.... very nice! My pyro sensor is pre turbo on the exhaust manifold...

I can't wait to fiddle with it some more... I'm going to try a 15% alcohol mix next...
    Since these are basically always in the boost like most of the older 4cly turbo diesels there I would get a good sized tank. I got the one below for my starex for 120P and had speedlab mount it, It was like having a new engine in that thing when the system was on. Think of it as the alternative to Common rail like power without the price of trying to put a system on a non common rail vehicle.

I would get a 3gph nozzle at the intake and 1gph pre-turbo and you will have at least a 20% to 25% gain in overall power on your vehicle with as little as 20% alcohol, A bit less with just water but what's cheaper than water?

You will easily be able to make around the same if not more HP than a 3.0 D4D Fortuner on the 1kz-TE engine with the kit. Unichip it and make even more.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    2005 Hilux 2KD-FVT engine. Stage 1 boost activated kit, 1gph pre-turbo nozzle 3gph nozzle at the intake, Around a 40hp gain!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    dvildoc,

i installed devils own in my toyota innova 2.5 diesel. Speedlab installed a stage 1 kit, I am happy so far with the way my vehicle is running. The nozzle was intalled after the turbo. My question is, can i still install anothe nozzle at the pre-turbo area? What benifit would it give with the above setup?

thank you

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    You will gain a faster spooling turbo, a psi or 2 of free boost with no adjustments, Longer turbo life from lower operating temps, and around a 5% to 7% gain in overall horse power especially when you don't have a intercooler. It's very very noticeble!

Yes you simply get the dual nozzle kit, Should take less than 30 minutes to install. They have the conversion kit at speedlab.

You just need to purchase it and a D01 nozzle. With the pre-turbo injection 3.0 D-4D fortuners will have a hard time keeping up with you.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Mini's love to get drunk!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    DevilsOwn is pleased to announce the release of its new alcohol injection kit for applications with new DVC-30 controller. This system is designed to be universal to all turbocharged or supercharged applications.
    More Boost, More Timing, More Power
    DevilsOwn Alcohol Injection Kits emit a fine spray of water/alcohol into the engine, allowing you to increase boost pressure and advance timing by reducing air inlet and exhaust-gas temperatures while suppressing detonation.
    Why Hang with the Devil
    The new kit by DevilsOwn contains their new DVC-30 controller is completely adjustable with a built in 30-psi MAP sensor for use on all diesel or gas applications with or without a factory MAP sensor. All DevilsOwn kits come with controller, an alcohol rated 250-psi variable speed pump, heavy duty nickel-plated check valve, 15 ft of black high pressure nylon tubing, 2 sizes of nickel-plated nozzles featuring their micro droplet technology, self sealing bulk head fitting, and hardware necessary for quick and easy installation.
    How it Works
    DevilsOwn DVC-30 controls a 250-psi variable speed pump and allows the user to determine the amount of alcohol/water mixture to inject from the reservoir. Flow adjustments can be made at the inlet through two different sized nickel-plated nozzles that are designed for the highest performance and corrosion resistance.

The new controller also has a built in indicator for our low level sensor.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Amazing increase in power over stock. The alcohol injection helped it pick up some major torque from 2500rpms to 4000rpms.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Im closing this thread... devildoc, you've been post advetisement here in tsikot for almost a year now. i am sorry but we can't allow this anymore.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637
Devilsown Alcohol Injection Event Results