New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Problema sa jimny mahirap makahanap ng 2nd hand na MT.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    *CB: Yung green with white rims? Nice, nag-offroad ka rin pala. hehe.

*Julio: Ayan, 10k lang pala snorkel. Mura lang. Yung lift kaya *cb, kano?
    Renzo oo akin yun hehe 4x2 lang sa akin. Light trail lang naman yan. Pero akalain mo, halos lahat ng kasama ko diyan former honda fanbois haha naging practical na sila.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio Valiente View Post
    Hi Fellow Tsikoters,

I have a 15 year old corolla as my daily driver. Cheap to maintain, dependable, decent fuel economy,around 5-6 city driving. I absolutely love this car pero since naguulan this past few weeks nabaha siya at nasira. I'm thinking of buying a bigger car kasi 2-3 feet ang baha samin pag umulan ng malakas. Madalas 'di ako pwede magabsent sa trabaho and since madalang public transpo dito pag umuulan kailangan ko talaga magdala ng sasakyan. Ang nakita ko lang na pasok sa budget ay 2nd hand na expedition.Kaya lang natatakot ako kasi everyone is saying that it's really expensive to run and maintain. I know it will not be as cheap as a corolla to run pero sobrang mahal ba talaga maintainance at running cost ng expedition? Here are some of the myths na narinig ko about the ford expedition.

- Someone once told me that the fuel economy of an expedition is 1-2km/l city driving depende sa traffic.
    -Astronimical daw ang presyo ng parts. Even more expensive than a honda to maintan
    -Palaging sira, Lemon.

Holy ^#$*! totoo ba lahat to?

as much as I want to buy a more economical diesel pick-up/suv, di kaya ng budget ko. Naisip ko gagamitin ko nalang yung sasakyan twice a week or pagumuulan instead of every day para makatipid ng konti.

thanks in advance guys
    My brother owns a 2001 Ford XP ... and it's true. FC can be anywhere from 1 to 4 km/L in the city. You can get 10 km/L on the highway. Parts are expensive. And the XP depends on an air-ride suspension. A small hole will result having the front or rear dropping down. Fixing it will be expensive. If you don't use it, the air-ride system will fail sooner than later too.

But its not a lemon. Just that it is expensive to own and operate.

Alternative that is cheaper would be diesel AUVs like the Isuzu Crosswind. It's a dinosaur in it's mechanicals and how it rides but it will go through the usual metro manila floods with only a snorkel mod.

Otherwise, your affordable choices would be the popular SUVs like the Montero Sport or Fortuner (or their pickup versions Strada and Hilux).

Large diesel SUVs like the Nissan Patrol might be rugged but it will have big thirst for fuel so even if it runs on diesel, it will be expensive on the wallet.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    thanks for replies. check ko presyo ng jimmy

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Naghahanap din ako ng jimny na MT. Mahirap talaga. Kasi konti lang mga nagbebenta. Niche market yan e

6. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    yun nga lang. pero perfect sana for TS

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The Nissan Patrol Safari is a better option.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    The Nissan Patrol Safari is a better option.
    Yeah. Get one that was properly maintained by its previous owner and it'll serve you for a very long time. The problem here is finding one in good condition as some units i've seen when we were looking for one before have been pretty much abused. Some OEM parts may be pricey but these too last very long. FC is around 6km/L+ in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    My brother owns a 2001 Ford XP ... and it's true. FC can be anywhere from 1 to 4 km/L in the city. You can get 10 km/L on the highway. Parts are expensive. And the XP depends on an air-ride suspension. A small hole will result having the front or rear dropping down. Fixing it will be expensive. If you don't use it, the air-ride system will fail sooner than later too.

But its not a lemon. Just that it is expensive to own and operate.

Alternative that is cheaper would be diesel AUVs like the Isuzu Crosswind. It's a dinosaur in it's mechanicals and how it rides but it will go through the usual metro manila floods with only a snorkel mod.

Otherwise, your affordable choices would be the popular SUVs like the Montero Sport or Fortuner (or their pickup versions Strada and Hilux).
    It's not so easy to get the air-ride damaged. But I'd also consider a Crosswind instead of the Expedition due to the cost of ownership.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mag nissan safari ka na lang...matibay.. igoogle mo kung ano feedback sa safari. mas reliable pa kesa sa GU patrol.city driving 6-7.5 hiway 8-10.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
debunking myths:fuel economy/maintenance of a ford expedition 98-2002