New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I read somewhere regarding the subject, Is there any update info regarding what will happen to all transport here in Pinas come 15 years after implementation? Will non compliant Engine/Cars/PUB/PUJ be phased out eventually?

The solution to PH air pollution

2. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Natural death. Pag wala na silang mabiling spare parts ng engine. Yun ngang kuliglig, tumatakbo sa metro.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    For private cars the EURO IV thing can be easy to do; what's interesting is how they'll implement this for public transport -- which, imho, are the bigger polluters. And they driven nearly all day compared to most private cars.

Force them to go EURO IV? That's expensive, and most likely they'll milk the private owners to finance that upgrade(like gasoline subsidizing diesel)

LPG? For gasoline-based cars i guess OK na rin, although there's a high investment needed for (properly) installed LPG kits.

Hybrid LPG+diesel engines? Expensive din.

Biodiesel? Maugong to a few years ago, but the hype has since died out. imho this has the best chance -- no upgrade/investment needed on the part of the user -- although i'm not sure if dirty old engines can handle it. This also has a very nice side effect of nurturing a local biodiesel industry, generating jobs, generating income.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Any update. Are we in need to avoid buying 2nd hand cars which will ultimately be banned (Maybe) after implementation of clean air act of January 2016? Are there now present technologies and gadgets available to cope up with Euro IV petrol and diesels?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well, one thing the law isn't.. retroactive.