New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Far as I understand the Khaos device works by adding more air to your intake after the MAF/MAP sensor, thus leaning out the mix and giving you "better" economy. This is bad for your engine temps indeed, because aside from just propelling your car forward, the fuel also serves to cool down your engine. You can see this if you have an EGT probe and an AF controller. Lean out your AF mix and EGTs go up correspondingly.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I know that there are a lot of people who've pressed to for the refund.

Pinag-ikutan lang sila, and only some of them persisted. They were given a really hard time.

But the issue, the returned money and the bad word-of-mouth from the experiences of these people has at least had the fortunate effect of causing quite a few Khaos distributors to implode and close shop.

As for the Revo... it's possible, in the short run, that it'll save you some gas. Most vehicles run very rich from the factory, to prevent engine damage. But since the Khaos is an un-metered device (in other words, whether you've got an Expedition or a a Honda Wave, it still bleeds a similar amount of air), there's no telling how much leaner the car is going to get... eventually... (3 months from now? 3 years?) boom.

I've seen some installers get around this by just sticking it to a PCV line... wow... big help... you can buy a Simota Breather for 500 bucks and stick it in the same place... :naughty2:

In our club alone, two or three people have had engine sensor damage due to the use of the Khaos.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Can Khaos gas saver cause engine overheating?