New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if in doubt:
    1. get your proof of purchase (invoice stub, OR, credit card sales receipt)
    2. immediately go back to the gas station
    3. look for the station manager, supervisor or dealer
    4. tell him your concern and ask him to demonstrate a calibration - it involves a 10-liter calibration bucket with seal, 10 liters of fuel dispensed directly from any pump, a representative from the station and you

gawin nyo yung pag dispense ng 10 liters thrice. dapat nasa zero mark palagi titigil yung level ng fuel sa graduated cylinder ng calibration bucket. nasa zero mark palagi dapat ang level kapag natapos ang pag dispense ng 10 liters of fuel. kung 2 out of three ay nasa tamang level ang inilabas ng isang pump, it means that their pump is still properly calibrated. kung below the zero mark yung level = kulang ang idinidispense ng pump. kung above the zero mark yung level ng 10 liters ng fuel sa calibration bucket = sobra naman ang naikakarga sa customer

kapag napatunayan nyong kulang ang fuel na inilalabas ng pump ng isang gasoline station ay ipagbigay alam agad sa pinakamalapit na presinto, itawag din sa DTI or sa ahensya ng gobyerno na namamahala nito upang makagawan ng sapat na aksyon/parusa ang sinumang mapapatunayang nagkasala...

in fairness sa mga gasoline stations, the vehicles' fuel pump is very inaccurate...do a research about it on how it works para magkaroon ng idea

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-gauge.htm

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It happened to me at Caltex Congressional. Just got my car from a repair shop. My gas emply light indicator was already on. I filled up a few hundred pesos and after driving a few kilometers the light went on again. I thought na baka talagang almost empty na ang tank kaya hindi halos tumaas ang gauge. So at the next station I filled up again another few hundred pesos and that's the time na umakyat na ang gauge nya to almost half.
    Last edited by j_avonni; September 29th, 2005 at 04:07 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    yan nga ang weird eh.. last two full tanks ko, the indicated fuel dispensed is the same as all full tanks (mga 41-ish liters). pero itong last full tank, hindi tumama sa maximum yung fuel gauge. and, 196km lang ang takbo ko nag low-fuel na naman!!!

i know gas-guzzler yung old car ko, pero #$%#$! 5km/L ?!!! normally di naman bumababa ng 5.8km/L yun..

anyway 2nd tank na ito na suspicious (suki pa naman ako ng Shell Maya..) i'll see how the mileage goes..

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Reminder lang pips na hindi accurate basis for your complaints ung observation ninyo lalo na based lang sa fuel gauge and at the same time maliit ang volume of fuel involved. (in theveed's case P500 and this one's P400). Less than 50% capacity ng fuel tank ninyo un. At the same time, ung fuel gauge depends on a simple set-up of floats and resistors just for an approximation of fuel content.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sakin consistent kasi 2 lang un pinag gagasan ko either sa shell maria clara or sa petron dapitan. hehehe

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    seems like petron and shell are ok ever since . caltex lots of complaints. now im using sea oil with ethanol

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    honest ba ang seaoil?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619
    Reminder lang pips na hindi accurate basis for your complaints ung observation ninyo lalo na based lang sa fuel gauge and at the same time maliit ang volume of fuel involved. (in theveed's case P500 and this one's P400). Less than 50% capacity ng fuel tank ninyo un. At the same time, ung fuel gauge depends on a simple set-up of floats and resistors just for an approximation of fuel content.
    yeah but im pretty sure that filling in 400 pesos on an empty gas tank would at least get the gauge to one fourth.
    mine was lighting up the whole time till i got it refilled again.
    without a doubt... they cheated me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by rst619
    pero alam mo talaga ang difference ng P400 worth of fuel. 400/34.60 = 11.xx liters. kahit papaano tataas yun.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    This is what I do.

I bought a gas/fuel container (5 gallon, but they come in different sizes):

I usually fill it up every week as my reserve - and use it during the week if I use up more than a full tank. Then I dont have to go to the gas station more than once.

This container also serves as to double check if a station is selling me less than what I paid for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
caltex ripped me off!!!