New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Marami pa rin gas station attendants di informed about this bio fuel act... when asked...they still don't know if the fuel they are selling are pre-blended with biodiesel already. Anyway...since it was already implemented just refill and enjoy the benefit of using it and hoping that this will really be beneficial to our environment and to our health as well... take a deep breath of a cleaner air!!! !!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Eto press release ng Shell.

Pilipinas Shell complies with BioFuels Law
    06/05/2007

Shell Diesoline Ultra with one percent bio-diesel now available at Shell stations

Manila, Philippines(06 May 2007) - Shell, the world’s largest distributor of transport biofuels, supports the Biofuels Act of 2006 through its compliance with the minimum one percent biodiesel mandate in its diesel engine fuels using coconut methyl ester (CME).

With over 30 years of experience with alternative fuels in countries such as USA, Brazil, Sweden, and Thailand, Shell believes that the use of such fuels is part of its commitment to Sustainable Development in the Philippines and around the world. Shell is working towards securing sustainable biofuel components that meet critical social, environmental and economic criteria including internationally recognized human and worker rights and the preservation of protected areas or valuable ecosystems.

“With over 30 years of marketing and distribution experience with biofuels through other Shell operating companies in the world, Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation believes that the use of such fuels is not only in compliance with the law, but also as part of its commitment to Sustainable Development,” Pilipinas Shell Country Chairman Edgar Chua said. “We would like to congratulate the Philippine Government for this milestone in the local fuels industry,” he further added.

Pilipinas Shell tapped on this global experience & leadership, allowing it to be the first major oil company in the Philippines to launch its ethanol blended gasoline, Shell Super Unleaded E10, in May 2006. Today, Pilipinas Shell continues to leverage on their experience to support the government’s mandate of having a minimum one percent biodiesel blend in all its diesel engine fuels sold in the country. It is because of its experience, knowledge, technical innovation and leadership in biofuels that Shell’s biofuels customers around the world have come to consistently trust Shell.

Shell Diesoline Ultra with biodiesel is now available for motorists at Shell Stations nationwide.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi All!

With regards to the added mileage, one possibility would be that before the use of biodiesel, the nozzles are clogged and engine and fuel pump poorly lubricated resulting in low fuel economy.

When biodiesel was used, the nozzles cleared, the engine and fule pump got good lubrication leading to less pedal stomp to get going thus the better fuel economy.

I think this is one possibility

In any case, garyq is right. It's primarily for the environment and any other good effects should be treated as a bonus rather than the norm.

:regards:

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Marami pa rin gas station attendants di informed about this bio fuel act... when asked...they still don't know if the fuel they are selling are pre-blended with biodiesel already. Anyway...since it was already implemented just refill and enjoy the benefit of using it and hoping that this will really be beneficial to our environment and to our health as well... take a deep breath of a cleaner air!!! !!!

Diamond, Can you give me a specific name or brand of the station and station location? If you are uncomfortable posting it here kindly PM me. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Sa akin, parang walang nabago doon sa fuel consumption ko for the 1% biodiesel, pero parang nabawasan yung usok and amoy ng diesel kapag high revving.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    I believe the old and badly (hardly? ) maintained engines will be the one that will benefit most from cocobiodiesel, resulting in higher mileage. We're talking the jeeps and buses which just BELCH out smoke

Has anyone noticed if the pollution levels have been lessened? Does EDSA look cleaner?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I think this year, it will be B1 (1% biodiesel). Not sure about ethanol kung kailan ilalabas 'to (pero it will be E5 = 5% ethanol).

Ang ayoko ko lang is 10% ethanol kasi our current engines in two of our cars may not run well using this.

madmax: bro I think anyone who will use BD will help in cleaning the environment by reducing the emission of harmful greenhouse gases BD will not "cure" old and badly maintained engines. The law has to be enforced to eradicate these vehicles from our roads.

We are taking our first steps. Hopefully our kids can someday enjoy a cleaner Metro Manila.

E10: I am using E10 from Shell since the day it was introduced. Have a Civic hatch with a JDM D15B motor. No noticeable loss of power or reduction in km/liter. Actually I think better takbo nang oto vs. ordinary unleaded.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by garyq View Post
    madmax: bro I think anyone who will use BD will help in cleaning the environment by reducing the emission of harmful greenhouse gases BD will not "cure" old and badly maintained engines. The law has to be enforced to eradicate these vehicles from our roads.

We are taking our first steps. Hopefully our kids can someday enjoy a cleaner Metro Manila.

E10: I am using E10 from Shell since the day it was introduced. Have a Civic hatch with a JDM D15B motor. No noticeable loss of power or reduction in km/liter. Actually I think better takbo nang oto vs. ordinary unleaded.
    I hope they implement B2 or higher soon. Although B1 is going to help, eventually, I think it'll take much longer than B2 or higher to take its desired effect. I just hope the oil companies won't charge too much to make B2 or higher.

Btw, did you have to do any mods to your fuel system to take in E10?

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    I hope they implement B2 or higher soon. Although B1 is going to help, eventually, I think it'll take much longer than B2 or higher to take its desired effect. I just hope the oil companies won't charge too much to make B2 or higher.

Btw, did you have to do any mods to your fuel system to take in E10?
    E10 use: wala bro.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Bio-fuel act, implemented na ba?