• Uni Oil

9 7.14%
  • Others

4 3.17%
Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    inlet of the fuel pump is at the bottom. with regular fuel filter change at 300,000km, ive had no issues with dirty fuel.
    naka angat ang inlet sir mga 1 feet estimate from underground, yung pinaka bottom dun napupunta mga dumi at water pag may pumasok, kaya nga may regular cleaning ng underground mga gas stations.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mokong22 View Post
    naka angat ang inlet sir mga 1 feet estimate from underground, yung pinaka bottom dun napupunta mga dumi at water pag may pumasok, kaya nga may regular cleaning ng underground mga gas stations.
    fuel filter ng car hehehe..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    for imported fuel, i'm not sure at what stage in the distribution process where additives are added

twice i've seen a gas station employee climb up to a tanker truck and pour something into the tank

it could be that additives are added at that late stage
    Is it not far fetch to think that cheaper stations e.g., Clean Fuel, Phoenix, Unioil, Eastern Petroleum, Flying V etc, does not add additives or the same quality of additives the leading brand in the industry?

Thanks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post
    Is it not far fetch to think that cheaper stations e.g., Clean Fuel, Phoenix, Unioil, Eastern Petroleum, Flying V etc, does not add additives or the same quality of additives the leading brand in the industry?

Thanks
    yeah that ain't far fetched

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    for imported fuel, i'm not sure at what stage in the distribution process where additives are added

twice i've seen a gas station employee climb up to a tanker truck and pour something into the tank

it could be that additives are added at that late stage
    That's to measure how much yung short dun sa dineliver. Ideally the upper miniscus of the fuel should be touching the gauge of the tanker to indicate that the delivered quantity is intact (say, 40 KL).

But sometimes it's below gauge so to find out how much yung short, they will fill up the tank with fuel (withdrawn from the dispenser) until it touches the gauge. Kung magkano yung tinop-up, yun yung short.

Pag malaki yung shortage, possible na nag-paihi yung driver.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipo View Post

Thanks
    Yes usually pag for commercial aka wholesale, unadditized na yung binibigay na fuel.

However, some depots naman, pareho lang ang siniserve na fuel whether sa tanker headed for the branded fuel station nila or sa tanker na pang-wholesale.

Take note though wala pang 1% yung laman na additive sa total volume ng fuel. As in parang pinatakan lang talaga. Siyempre minamarket namin na napakalaking bagay ng additives para makabenta but in reality hindi ganun kalaki difference.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    That's to measure how much yung short dun sa dineliver. Ideally the upper miniscus of the fuel should be touching the gauge of the tanker to indicate that the delivered quantity is intact (say, 40 KL).

But sometimes it's below gauge so to find out how much yung short, they will fill up the tank with fuel (withdrawn from the dispenser) until it touches the gauge. Kung magkano yung tinop-up, yun yung short.

Pag malaki yung shortage, possible na nag-paihi yung driver.

actually Sir ung nakita ko the gas station employee was pouring a bottle of something into the tanker truck

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Yes usually pag for commercial aka wholesale, unadditized na yung binibigay na fuel.

However, some depots naman, pareho lang ang siniserve na fuel whether sa tanker headed for the branded fuel station nila or sa tanker na pang-wholesale.

Take note though wala pang 1% yung laman na additive sa total volume ng fuel. As in parang pinatakan lang talaga. Siyempre minamarket namin na napakalaking bagay ng additives para makabenta but in reality hindi ganun kalaki difference.

How about the octane rating? Dinadaan din ba sa additives?

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sa refinery palang they can produce low and high octane gas

From low and high octane gas they make regular, premium, super premium gas

Additives are added later.... further downstream before the retail stage

Octane booster like ethanol is also added later

Not at the refining stage
    Last edited by uls; December 16th, 2018 at 02:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010

It got me a little bit worried after watching Shell's fuel video showing the gunk accumulated in the valve.

I've been using Clean Fuel since the beginning of this year, coming from Total, mula nang magtuloy-tuloy ang pagtaas ang gas.

And I'm thinking if the lack of quality additive can be offset by the use of Fuel Injector Cleaner or the bit more expensive Complete Fuel System Cleaner at least once a year or any fuel additives without breaking the bank.

TIA

BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex