13 10.32%
  • Uni Oil

9 7.14%
  • Others

4 3.17%
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    I only trust blaze100 for my 400whp turbo car.

Tried Total, seaoil and Shell 97 octanes before. Without touching my fuel and ignition maps. Both will register a richer AFR and I will hear slight knock at high rpm/high boost. Need to decrease fueling and retard timing to be able to run on this fuels safely which will lower my whp.

Next to try is E85 pero still contemplating since isa pa lang gas station ngaun at ang layo sa amin.

For my old port injected EFI daily beater cars, kung san lang mura at di binabaha na gas station na malapit sa amin dun ako. Usually will end up in 91 oct fuel save.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Using Caltex Platinum for my vios, best fuel i used so far. Consistent ang performance unlike sa iba na may time na ang gaspang ng takbo

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I dont think Petron has create new engine oils for the past few years. They dont even have 5w30 for diesels. Which is in demand now. Petrons r&d is tiny compared to BP Total and Chevron.

If petron r&d have 500 chemical engineers, chevron probably have over 50,000. Engineers perspective
    Yes which is why we always scoff at Petron lubes. But unlike lubes which is really highly differentiated, fuel is much more homogenous than you think. The additives comprise a very small percentage of the total liquid loaded into your car, and again, product sourcing always varies per province/region, which is why noone is able to claim that their fuel is consistently better than other brands.

I have always wanted to conduct a market study where motorists will drive 5 identical cars filled with 5 different fuel brands (not disclosed to the drivers to avoid cognitive bias), driven through the exact same route. Make observations on engine response and conduct performance testing as well as fuel economy computations.

Thing is, even with a controlled environment, the impact of minor variances in traffic or the difference in the driving styles of the drivers account for a bigger difference in consumption than the fuel itself.

Also, no petroleum company would agree to it because we all know that there's little differentiation between our fuels and we rely very heavily on marketing to make mountains out of molehills.

Independent motoring sites can do it, but I can't be involved because of the conflict of interest. Maybe when I leave the industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    check first the minimum fuel octane requirement of your vehicle.
    as far as i know, innova gas requires 93 RON minimum...
    although it will run, mag engine knock ka, and you will end up spending more both on maintenance/repair and on fuel, kasi pag mababa ang octane rating kesa sa recommended octane rating, mabagal acceleration, you will end up stepping on the gas pedal harder, therefore consuming more fuel.
    91 RON or higher ang recommended fuel as per the manual.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    A friend's dad worked at the Caltex plant in Batangas. He admitted that the cleanest gas is Petron, then Shell, then last is theirs (Caltex). This was about 10yrs ago, so I'm not sure how true it is now.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    A friend's dad worked at the Caltex plant in Batangas. He admitted that the cleanest gas is Petron, then Shell, then last is theirs (Caltex). This was about 10yrs ago, so I'm not sure how true it is now.
    Perhaps he's speaking from his experience when Caltex still operated its refinery in Batangas. That was closed down in 2003. Caltex is now just an importer, though they also buy from other suppliers (mostly Petron). Also, both Petron and Shell have upgraded their refineries to accommodate Euro 4 standards. Many other importers are also present in the market today, and oil companies share products with each other all the time.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes which is why we always scoff at Petron lubes. But unlike lubes which is really highly differentiated, fuel is much more homogenous than you think. The additives comprise a very small percentage of the total liquid loaded into your car, and again, product sourcing always varies per province/region, which is why noone is able to claim that their fuel is consistently better than other brands.

I have always wanted to conduct a market study where motorists will drive 5 identical cars filled with 5 different fuel brands (not disclosed to the drivers to avoid cognitive bias), driven through the exact same route. Make observations on engine response and conduct performance testing as well as fuel economy computations.

Thing is, even with a controlled environment, the impact of minor variances in traffic or the difference in the driving styles of the drivers account for a bigger difference in consumption than the fuel itself.

Also, no petroleum company would agree to it because we all know that there's little differentiation between our fuels and we rely very heavily on marketing to make mountains out of molehills.

Independent motoring sites can do it, but I can't be involved because of the conflict of interest. Maybe when I leave the industry.

Only reason companies dont bash each other is.. the billions. Dont mess with my billions-unwritten rule.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    I was using Shell V-Power Nitro+ (RON 95) on my 2010 Subaru Forester. Pero last month I started using Caltex Platinum (RON 95), kasi sa promo nila (two 1.5L Cokes for Php 1,500 single receipt!). After using it for about a month, I notice na mas mabilis maubos yung sa Caltex compared to Shell. Wala naman nag-bago, same route (35-36 km a day, 6 days a week), same travel time (70+ minutes of hellish C-5 traffic), same driving/driver (ako). Sa Shell, it takes me about a 10 days bago umilaw yung Subaru. With the Caltex, it seems na umiilaw na in 8-9 days pa lang.

Is it because of the fuel? Baka mas madali masunog ang Platinum (clean burn kasi sa Techron)? Is it the ECU? Baka di pa sanay sa Platinum after using Shell Nitro+ for the past several years? O baka nananaginip lang ako? Baka same consumption lang talaga.

Oh well, at least meron na ko walong Coke 1.5L! Diabetes, here we come!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I doubt techron worked in your engine as soon as you filled it up.

One factor is still the fuel quality. And yung Nitro iba ang features kumpara sa Platinum.

Usually pag humina hatak ng auto ko, nagtatanong nako sa mga huling gumamit san nagpa-gas hehe. Works about 70-80% of the time.

Kaya stick to one gas station and one kind of fuel lang ako.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyJr View Post
    I was using Shell V-Power Nitro+ (RON 95) on my 2010 Subaru Forester. Pero last month I started using Caltex Platinum (RON 95), kasi sa promo nila (two 1.5L Cokes for Php 1,500 single receipt!). After using it for about a month, I notice na mas mabilis maubos yung sa Caltex compared to Shell. Wala naman nag-bago, same route (35-36 km a day, 6 days a week), same travel time (70+ minutes of hellish C-5 traffic), same driving/driver (ako). Sa Shell, it takes me about a 10 days bago umilaw yung Subaru. With the Caltex, it seems na umiilaw na in 8-9 days pa lang.

Is it because of the fuel? Baka mas madali masunog ang Platinum (clean burn kasi sa Techron)? Is it the ECU? Baka di pa sanay sa Platinum after using Shell Nitro+ for the past several years? O baka nananaginip lang ako? Baka same consumption lang talaga.

Oh well, at least meron na ko walong Coke 1.5L! Diabetes, here we come!
    i alternate on both, but on a 15 xt, no difference sir..

BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex