13 10.32%
  • Uni Oil

9 7.14%
  • Others

4 3.17%
Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    The best fuel for your car is written in your owner's manual. If your manual says the minimum requirement is 91RON, then you can use any fuel with octane rating 91 RON up. Brand of fuel is already subjective accdg to your preference and budget. Any fuel you use that has a lower rating than what is stated in your manual will definitely make your engine knock.... Of course fuel economy still depends on how you drive and the volume of traffic you encounter daily rather on the type/brand of fuel you use....

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by radz15 View Post
    Attachment 30979 akala ko 93ron yung xtra advance. Hmmm..

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk
    the names these gas companies give their products... designed to sell.
    but i look at the octane ratings that are pasted on the pump.

as to recommended octane rating.. some manufacturers now print that their car does 91 octane.. but a few years before that, their manuals had 93 or 95 octane..
    i think the car's EFI can adjust itself, to do 91 octane, but the recommended (optimum-wise) is 93 or 95..
    owner will have to decide what octane it is, that gives them better oomph and mileage..

when my wigo was new, i used 91 octane and the engine seemed to like it.
    after 5K, i tried 95 octane. my engine seemed to like it, and my km/li improved. but i wasn't sure what did it.. was it the shift from 91 to 95? or was it that the engine was finally broken in..?
    so now, after a couple of thousand km, i shifted back to 91. i am now observing whether i will still get the "better km/li" figures..
    Last edited by dr. d; December 29th, 2015 at 02:37 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I choose Caltex simply because I get good discount.

Ever since naman kasi, I'm of the opinion na pare-pareho lang yang big 3 na iyan in terms of quality.

So I fill up with whoever gives me the better discount.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by leonleon View Post
    I choose Caltex simply because I get good discount.

Ever since naman kasi, I'm of the opinion na pare-pareho lang yang big 3 na iyan in terms of quality.

So I fill up with whoever gives me the better discount.
    curious lang what kind of discount? credit cards rebate, earned points etc??? TIA

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sa suzuki Celerio ko 90ron ang minimum requirement. Laging 91ron lang pinapa karga ko pero nung naging 4k na mileage ko bigla nalang nakaramdam ng engine knock especially sa Petron 91ron. Nung sinubukan kong mag 95ron nawala Engine knock kaya ngayon lagi ng 95ron pinapakarga ko para sure walang engine knock.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Sa suzuki Celerio ko 90ron ang minimum requirement. Laging 91ron lang pinapa karga ko pero nung naging 4k na mileage ko bigla nalang nakaramdam ng engine knock especially sa Petron 91ron. Nung sinubukan kong mag 95ron nawala Engine knock kaya ngayon lagi ng 95ron pinapakarga ko para sure walang engine knock.

bring it to the shop, po.
    maybe you need a tune-up..

i read somewhere, that not all engine knocks are audible. just because they may not be heard, does not mean they are not causing trouble to the engine.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    bring it to the shop, po.
    maybe you need a tune-up..

i read somewhere, that not all engine knocks are audible. just because they may not be heard, does not mean they are not causing trouble to the engine.
    Actually the first time ko maramdaman yung engine knock dinala ko sa casa right away. After thorough check up and test drive wala naman daw prob so the mechanic suggested na wag na daw ako mag Petron at shell nalang daw gamitin ko. After using shell 91ron dramatically na lessen yung engine knock at nung nag 95ron nako totally nawala na yung engine knock. Yung ibang ka group ko sa Celerio club nakaka experience din ng engine knock sa 91ron kaya suggest nila mag 95ron nalang. Baka hindi lang maganda quality ng fuel sa pinas kaya kahit above sa minimum required ron eh nag e-engine knock padin.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Actually the first time ko maramdaman yung engine knock dinala ko sa casa right away. After thorough check up and test drive wala naman daw prob so the mechanic suggested na wag na daw ako mag Petron at shell nalang daw gamitin ko. After using shell 91ron dramatically na lessen yung engine knock at nung nag 95ron nako totally nawala na yung engine knock. Yung ibang ka group ko sa Celerio club nakaka experience din ng engine knock sa 91ron kaya suggest nila mag 95ron nalang. Baka hindi lang maganda quality ng fuel sa pinas kaya kahit above sa minimum required ron eh nag e-engine knock padin.

perhaps carbon and sludge deposits in the cylinders result to higher compression ratios, necessitating higher octane ratings.
    try the italian tune-up, and see if the knocking disappears.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kimbon View Post
    curious lang what kind of discount? credit cards rebate, earned points etc??? TIA
    Halo-halo bro. Meron yung sa HSBC 3% rebate. Then doon sa suking gas station ko, doon ako sa Jeepney diesel, which is less Php 1.00 / liter or Php 2.00 / liter for unleaded. Meron din naman etong pasko lang may nag-offer Star Cash (parang gift card ng Caltex), 10% discount on the face value. For the Php 500.00 star cash card, binenta lang ng Php 450.00.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    OT:

^Sa magallanes ba yan?

BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex