13 10.32%
  • Uni Oil

9 7.14%
  • Others

4 3.17%
Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637383945 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Very good inputs on the fuel experience. I use a Innova J Gas 2009 2nd hand for 4 months now. Last owner and I use Shell FuelSave. I average 6-7KM/L on heavy traffic and 9-11 on light traffic. Been thinking of trying SeaOil 91 RON to save up with my tight budget. Will this be a smart try? Any inputs from Innova gas owners? TIA

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    sea oil

mas pure daw ang fuel sa kanila

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    sea oil

Better additives ..better for the engine.

Caltex platinum i think is the best by a small margin from the competition.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by topherv1 View Post
    Very good inputs on the fuel experience. I use a Innova J Gas 2009 2nd hand for 4 months now. Last owner and I use Shell FuelSave. I average 6-7KM/L on heavy traffic and 9-11 on light traffic. Been thinking of trying SeaOil 91 RON to save up with my tight budget. Will this be a smart try? Any inputs from Innova gas owners? TIA

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    check first the minimum fuel octane requirement of your vehicle.
    as far as i know, innova gas requires 93 RON minimum...
    although it will run, mag engine knock ka, and you will end up spending more both on maintenance/repair and on fuel, kasi pag mababa ang octane rating kesa sa recommended octane rating, mabagal acceleration, you will end up stepping on the gas pedal harder, therefore consuming more fuel.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    sea oil

Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Better additives ..better for the engine.

Caltex platinum i think is the best by a small margin from the competition.
    The best how? Are there empirical comparisons that consistently show that one fuel brand is indisputably better than others?

If you would look at all the posts pertaining to the "best fuel" here in Tsikot, you'll find that people have conflicting experiences. Some say Petron is best, others say it sucks. Same with Shell, Caltex, and all other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Says who?

The best how? Are there empirical comparisons that consistently show that one fuel brand is indisputably better than others?

If you would look at all the posts pertaining to the "best fuel" here in Tsikot, you'll find that people have conflicting experiences. Some say Petron is best, others say it sucks. Same with Shell, Caltex, and all other brands.

New & improved Caltex with Techron(R) | Caltex

Caltex/chevron and shell are front runners ever since you cant deny that.

Caltex/delo/chevron imo publishes more results than shell regarding testings. Hence theyre marketing has so much to put into their websites/articles.

Ive yet to see petron or small players releasing testings like 600,000km tests. My hunch is petron probably licenses chevron additives in their fuels.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    New & improved Caltex with Techron(R) | Caltex

Caltex/chevron and shell are front runners ever since you cant deny that.

Caltex/delo/chevron imo publishes more results than shell regarding testings. Hence theyre marketing has so much to put into their websites/articles.

Ive yet to see petron or small players releasing testings like 600,000km tests. My hunch is petron probably licenses chevron additives in their fuels.
    Bro, in the link you posted, Caltex only claims that Platinum is better than Silver. Even in their radio ads, this is explicitly stated.

Having worked with fuels marketing, I know that brands need to be very careful with their claims - you can't say you're better than other brands, and if you examine ALL local fuel ads, the comparison is always vs. its own fuels. This is because your claims have to be backed up by empirical data - and no oil company has empirical data that their fuel is better than their competitors'.

After all, the sources of base fuel are not consistent. Shell sources its fuels from Total in Metro Manila. Caltex/Shell gets from Petron in North Luzon. Petron/Caltex get from Shell in Bicol. You can check their depots and see lorries of competing brands coming in and out. BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex

Also, the lack of technical jargon in marketing materials is a deliberate choice - based on FGDs conducted, very few customers want to be overwhelmed by numbers; they prefer simple, relatable claims; they prefer emotional appeal over technical reasoning.

Last edited by jut703; July 28th, 2016 at 11:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Bro, in the link you posted, Caltex only claims that Platinum is better than Silver. Even in their radio ads, this is explicitly stated.

Having worked with fuels marketing, I know that brands need to be very careful with their claims - you can't say you're better than other brands, and if you examine ALL local fuel ads, the comparison is always vs. its own fuels. This is because your claims have to be backed up by empirical data - and no oil company has empirical data that their fuel is better than their competitors'.

After all, the sources of base fuel are not consistent. Shell sources its fuels from Total in Metro Manila. Caltex/Shell gets from Petron in North Luzon. Petron/Caltex get from Shell in Bicol. You can check their depots and see lorries of competing brands coming in and out. BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex

Also, the lack of technical jargon in marketing materials is a deliberate choice - based on FGDs conducted, very few customers want to be overwhelmed by numbers; they prefer simple, relatable claims; they prefer emotional appeal over technical reasoning.

Platinum is better than the silver. They shared quantitative improvements.

Shell vpower nitro is of course better than fuelsave.. no numbers here from shell. (They have comaparative numbers between their different engine oils though)

Blaze is better than their xtradvance & xcs but provides no quantitative improvement.

If i were a caltex user at least i know how much better the platinum is from the silver.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Platinum is better than the silver. They shared quantitative improvements.

Shell vpower nitro is of course better than fuelsave.. no numbers here from shell. (They have comaparative numbers between their different engine oils though)

Blaze is better than their xtradvance & xcs but provides no quantitative improvement.

If i were a caltex user at least i know how much better the platinum is from the silver.
    Between saying that your fuel has "41% less friction" and showing an ad of a BMW outrunning a monster made of engine gunk, which do you think has better recall for the vast majority of customers? BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex

These companies spend millions on R&D - the numbers are there. It's just that very few people care for it. But if you prefer Caltex because they have marketing materials with numbers, then that's great, at least their strategy works for you.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I dont think Petron has create new engine oils for the past few years. They dont even have 5w30 for diesels. Which is in demand now. Petrons r&d is tiny compared to BP Total and Chevron.

If petron r&d have 500 chemical engineers, chevron probably have over 50,000. Engineers perspective

BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex