13 10.32%
  • Uni Oil

9 7.14%
  • Others

4 3.17%
Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Tried 1 full tank of shell fuelsave, turned out 12km/liter. So decide to shift from Nitro+, kaso kahapon ang haba ng pila sa shell at may pump na bakante, kaya sumingit ako, wala palang fuelsave yung pump kaya ayun balik sa Nitro+. P1.95/liter pa naman difference. dapat maka 12.6kpl ako to justify the diff. otherwise olats

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    Tried 1 full tank of shell fuelsave, turned out 12km/liter. So decide to shift from Nitro+, kaso kahapon ang haba ng pila sa shell at may pump na bakante, kaya sumingit ako, wala palang fuelsave yung pump kaya ayun balik sa Nitro+. P1.95/liter pa naman difference. dapat maka 12.6kpl ako to justify the diff. otherwise olats
    Impossible to get conclusive results from just one full tank unless you can ensure that your driving style and traffic conditions will be exactly the same.

Masyado talaga maliit yung difference between different fuel brands and octane ratings to have verifiable and reproducible results from ordinary driving (which is never identical).

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    Would be interesting to know a comparative test on both unleaded fuels. Shell did it on their diesels (fuel save vs fuel save nitro +) using identical BMW's from full tank to empty on a continuous run with a break only for sleeping. FS won over Nitro +.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Would be interesting to know a comparative test on both unleaded fuels. Shell did it on their diesels (fuel save vs fuel save nitro +) using identical BMW's from full tank to empty on a continuous run with a break only for sleeping. FS won over Nitro +.
    Read this test, super lapit lang nung FC for both. Statistical tie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I know it's placebo but I noticed that pag shell ako pa karga. Parang mas matagal maubos. Be it sedan, mid SUV or SUV.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Read this test, super lapit lang nung FC for both. Statistical tie.

You mean the diesel test? These were the results then:
    Fuel Save
    Fuel loaded: 55.5l
    Kms run: 844.99
    FC: 15.22 kms/lit

Nitro +:
    Fuel loaded: 54.9
    Kms run: 814.7
    FC: 14.84

It's only one test run. Although the stats are close, translates to 30 kms more per tankful.
    I would think with gasoline, Nitro + is made with performance in mind so don't expect too much in economy.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You mean the diesel test? These were the results then:
    Fuel Save
    Fuel loaded: 55.5l
    Kms run: 844.99
    FC: 15.22 kms/lit

Nitro +:
    Fuel loaded: 54.9
    Kms run: 814.7
    FC: 14.84

It's only one test run. Although the stats are close, translates to 30 kms more per tankful.
    I would think with gasoline, Nitro + is made with performance in mind so don't expect too much in economy.
    Which translates to a 2.5% difference. Which is well within the margin of error considering all the factors involved in arriving at a particular FC. I can rerun the test and make VPD more efficient.

Heck, FS Diesel and VPN+ Diesel come from the exact same tank in the depot. Exactly the same base fuel. It only becomes VPN+D when you put additional additives.

The additional additives are supposed to improve engine responsiveness and help with a cleaner burn. Which is what all premium fuels (gas and diesel) claim anyway.

With gasoline, Shell uses different tanks, different base fuel, different additives. But from my testing, no difference in actual performance.

And let's not forget that Shell's fuel in most of MM is from Total's Manila Terminal, while those from southern MM are from Tabangao Refinery. So even if it's the same additives for VPN, the VPN in Alabang isn't identical to that in QC. Oh, and Total sometimes loads 95 RON but sells it as 91 RON when supply for 91 RON is short. So you can actually get VPN even if you just buy FS.

Last edited by jut703; November 8th, 2015 at 02:46 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Which translates to a 2.5% difference. Which is well within the margin of error considering all the factors involved in arriving at a particular FC. I can rerun the test and make VPD more efficient.

Heck, FS Diesel and VPN+ Diesel come from the exact same tank in the depot. Exactly the same base fuel. It only becomes VPN+D when you put additional additives.

The additional additives are supposed to improve engine responsiveness and help with a cleaner burn. Which is what all premium fuels (gas and diesel) claim anyway.

With gasoline, Shell uses different tanks, different base fuel, different additives. But from my testing, no difference in actual performance.

And let's not forget that Shell's fuel in most of MM is from Total's Manila Terminal, while those from southern MM are from Tabangao Refinery. So even if it's the same additives for VPN, the VPN in Alabang isn't identical to that in QC. Oh, and Total sometimes loads 95 RON but sells it as 91 RON when supply for 91 RON is short. So you can actually get VPN even if you just buy FS.

It was just one test with so many variables & one test doesn' t make it conclusive anyway. BTW, it's interesting info you gave on sources of fuel. I noticed a difference in quality of fuel here in Cavite compared to Alabang. How do you know much about it?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    It was just one test with so many variables & one test doesn' t make it conclusive anyway. BTW, it's interesting info you gave on sources of fuel. I noticed a difference in quality of fuel here in Cavite compared to Alabang. How do you know much about it?
    That's true, which is why one test isn't enough. As the scientific method states, an experiment has to be verifiable and reproducible, and a sample size of 1 is never reliable. 😊

If you're referring to Shell, both Cavite and Alabang get from Tabangao Refinery.

I'm from the oil industry so I know a bit of which goes where. 😊

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    That's true, which is why one test isn't enough. As the scientific method states, an experiment has to be verifiable and reproducible, and a sample size of 1 is never reliable. 😊

If you're referring to Shell, both Cavite and Alabang get from Tabangao Refinery.

I'm from the oil industry so I know a bit of which goes where. 😊

By nature I am a non conformist so I don't get from the big three. I get from the fourth. Provincial fuel is suspect, in my opinion, but more from adulteration than anything else.

BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex