• Uni Oil

9 7.14%
  • Others

4 3.17%
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Lahat ba paps ng nasa Manila na big 3 ay company owned? Wala ba dyan franchised?
    Yes. Nearest dealer-owned is Rizal and Cavite.

But then, even those dealer owned sites conform to our rules. Sa far flung province ka lang magkakaproblem. But even then, less than 5% of dealers are pricks who adulterate their fuel.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    an insider fron PNOC said that based on their lab test, caltex has the cleanest fuel. petron naman is the dirtiest.

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2
    Caltex already closed their refinery a few years ago. They're now no different from Unioil/Seaoil/small players. They just import.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    Distributor yung kaibigan ko ng isang fuel company. Strict nga daw mga fuel companies ngayon. Usually nasa mga franchisee na mga nagloloko. An example is hindi calibrated yung pump. Or sira yung mga nozzle (may leak or hindi nag automatic).

Sa ngayon, madalas unioil, seaoil gamit ko. Every few cycle caltex naman para sa techron.

Strict na DOE ngayon sa big 3. Yung mga independent yung parang dedma lang sila. In manila, once a month may DOE calibration.

Nozzles are wear-and-tear items, meron talagang iba na hindi na nagaautomatic. Responsibility ni dealer na palitan kagad once it malfunctions.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What is the difference with Petron's XTRA (93 octane) and XCS (95)? I just gassed up and XTRA costs 54.35 and XCS and 54.95. I noticed that in the replies here, those that gas up at Petron choose XCS. Meron pa silang Unleaded na 91 Octane.

I find Petron's variety so confusing.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Strict na DOE ngayon sa big 3. Yung mga independent yung parang dedma lang sila. In manila, once a month may DOE calibration.

Nozzles are wear-and-tear items, meron talagang iba na hindi na nagaautomatic. Responsibility ni dealer na palitan kagad once it malfunctions.

Yep. Yung nga sinasabi ko. Hindi maayos yung ibang dealers sa ganyan. 2 weeks ago nagpa gas ako, may leak yung nozzle. So nag leak sa body ng car. Yung gas attendant pa ang galit.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    What is the difference with Petron's XTRA (93 octane) and XCS (95)? I just gassed up and XTRA costs 54.35 and XCS and 54.95. I noticed that in the replies here, those that gas up at Petron choose XCS. Meron pa silang Unleaded na 91 Octane.

I find Petron's variety so confusing.
    Petron has 4 unleaded grades:

Super Xtra Gasoline - 91 RON, apparently pang-masa, usually priced same as Caltex Silver and Shell FuelSave (both also 91 RON), not so common in upscale Metro Manila areas (ie Fort, Makati)

Xtra Advance - 93 RON, no direct competitor with the other big players, tries to bridge the gap between regular and premium unleaded.

XCS - 95 RON, competes with V-Power Nitro+ and Caltex Gold. Targeted towards more "discerning" motorists.

Blaze - 100 RON, competes with V-Power Nitro+ Racing (97 RON), Euro IV compliant. Targeted towards those with exotics, price gap with 91 RON is over 3 pesos.

When I fill up with Petron, XCS lang because mura lang difference with Xtra Advance. I don't even consider Super Xtra Gasoline since halos walang engine-cleaning additives yan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Petron has 4 unleaded grades:

Super Xtra Gasoline - 91 RON, apparently pang-masa, usually priced same as Caltex Silver and Shell FuelSave (both also 91 RON), not so common in upscale Metro Manila areas (ie Fort, Makati)

Xtra Advance - 93 RON, no direct competitor with the other big players, tries to bridge the gap between regular and premium unleaded.

XCS - 95 RON, competes with V-Power Nitro+ and Caltex Gold. Targeted towards more "discerning" motorists.

Blaze - 100 RON, competes with V-Power Nitro+ Racing (97 RON), Euro IV compliant. Targeted towards those with exotics, price gap with 91 RON is over 3 pesos.

When I fill up with Petron, XCS lang because mura lang difference with Xtra Advance. I don't even consider Super Xtra Gasoline since halos walang engine-cleaning additives yan.

Oh! That's why I was confused why Petron had so many varieties of unleaded. I've been gassing up at the same Shell station for over a decade and I just say unleaded. I had no idea there were 2 kinds of unleaded as well in Shell.

Thanks for the information! I will just gas up with XCS next time. I think I need to reapply for a Shell Citibank Card

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    an insider fron PNOC said that based on their lab test, caltex has the cleanest fuel. petron naman is the dirtiest.

Sent from my Thrill 430x using Tapatalk 2
    *jut703 can you comment on statement above saying Petron allegedly is dirtiest among Top3. I noticed that you use XCS, and with your inside knowledge on fuels, it might not be true that its dirty after all.
    Last edited by ano727; June 29th, 2014 at 08:09 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ano727 View Post
    *jut703 can you comment on statement above saying Petron allegedly is dirtiest among Top3. I noticed that you use XCS, and with your inside knowledge on fuels, it might not be true that its dirty after all.
    Have not used XCS in over a year. But in the past I had no bad experience with it.

I don't think Petron fuel is that bad because they're improving their refinery in Bataan (Euro IV for all fuels by 2015).

That said, they are a local company, so they have less R&D spending compared to Shell (who operates on a much larger scale globally).

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    a few months ago, there was this report that some fuel brands were using a certain metal in their gas mixes, and it interfered with the fuel injection systems of some cars... any comments?

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
BEST Unleaded Fuel: Shell, Petron or Caltex