New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chris45 View Post
    Parang napansin ko din mga 3x nangyari pag apak ko gas ng madiin di agad kumagat ang pg accelerate compare sa ibang instances. Pde kaya dahil sa shell premium?
    No. It's just the CVT not adjusting the ratios fast enough. Nothing to do with the fuel.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    No. It's just the CVT not adjusting the ratios fast enough. Nothing to do with the fuel.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ok thanks...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Parang napansin ko din mga 3x nangyari pag apak ko gas ng madiin di agad kumagat ang pg accelerate compare sa ibang instances. Pde kaya dahil sa shell premium?
    Yup, that's CVT for you haha

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    the delay is meant to soften the fuel consumption also it lessens the stress on the engine and cvt.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks. Ill go with unleaded rated 91. Try ko ung sa unioil na my discount. Ok lang ba mag mix? My half tank pa ako ng shell premium.
    If you have S&R discount, their 95RON comes out cheaper by liter compared to their 91RON.

With regards to that hesitation at take off, as what they say, it’s the CVT. Even with Subies, that soft take off feel is there but once the car gets going, floor that pedal and the CVT will put the car in the right power band.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    so that is one of the pros and cons of manual vs automatic.

Is there an effect on fuel consumption if I refuel for full tank vs I refuel for around 10 liters every time?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    so that is one of the pros and cons of manual vs automatic.

Is there an effect on fuel consumption if I refuel for full tank vs I refuel for around 10 liters every time?
    There are different tranny types for the "automatic" cars and each one behave differently. If you observe, a normal AT will be different to a CVT or a DCT.

I don't know how much impact does filling the tank with small portions compared to filling it full.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12