New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: LPG? Gasoline? Diesel? Your fuel...

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Gasoline

6 40.00%
  • Diesel

9 60.00%
  • auto-LPG

2 13.33%
  • Mr. Fusion

0 0%
  • Others

1 6.67%
  • I am thinking of converting to auto-LPG.

3 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Imm: Yes, since you're using 2 tanks.

About the cost... Funny how most people would consider a 50K audio system or body kit or rims "good buy" vs. something like this that actually gives you positive return on investment as soon as you drive it out the door hehehe.

If I'm in the Phil and buying a car, I'd probably get an older expe and slap on a 80k LPG system and forget about everything that's bad about the damn couch on wheels and enjoy the space and comfort hehe...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Pardon my ignorance on LPG systems, but if you fit an LPG system on to your ride, will you still be able to use your gasoline system?

Yes. you can still swtich between the gasoline & LPG fuel system. There is a switch inside the cabin which lets the driver choose the fuel system to use. For EFI cars, you can switch "on-the-fly". For carb engines, you will need to empty the carb before switching to LPG.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Hehehe! Very interesting. If only the initial ticket price weren't that prohibitive...
    I don't know... some people would buy a new set of rims and tires which costs more than 40K simply because it would make their rides look better.

The LPG kit would repay it's initial costs as you use the vehicle.

Which is actually more prohibitive?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    My LPG Powered Chevrolet OPTRA

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3025548

kulet noh...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    How much to uninstall the system? I'm thinking with the mentality of our kababayans, LPG fitted cars will have low resale value.

Is it transferable to another car considering efi to another efi carb to another carb car or is it vehicle type specific (e.g. corolla, civic, etc)

Been itching to install one...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    pwede ba sya pang non-crdi diesel?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Djerms View Post
    Is it transferable to another car considering efi to another efi carb to another carb car or is it vehicle type specific (e.g. corolla, civic, etc).
    Generally it is transferable to another car but certain parts like tubings will have to be replaced with "fresh" tubings. The only part that might be vehicle specific would be the "mixer" part.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Article by James Deakin: The truth about LPG