New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    I've been using caltex gas for almost a year now, switching from silver E10 to gold, using a carbed corolla bigbody na blowby pa... Now I switched from E10 kasi I got really bad mileage out of it and I don't want to spend yet on a new engine. With Gold, a new sparkplug set, mushroom type air filter and some idle screw adjustments I can get 300 Kms per tankful. In city driving. As in Makati City driving in rush hour. This way I only spend 1500 every 2 weeks * 40 petot per liter ng Gold.

Secret lang naman to getting the most mileage out of any gas is to drive conservatively. Don't open the aircon if not needed. Cruise at 1200 rpm. Shift at the highest gear as soon as possible. Coast as much as possible. Treat gas as if it was liquid gold, because it is.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    for my truck..... I've tried caltex....but I really did not like the performance of their diesel fuel....poor response and poor mileage....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by locoroco777 View Post
    for my truck..... I've tried caltex....but I really did not like the performance of their diesel fuel....poor response and poor mileage....
    hmmmmm... baligtad tayo bro. sa akin, maganda ang response ng caltex diesel at maganda ang mileage ko. dati dati, 6 km/l lang ako pero sa caltex, simula nang nagkaroon ng techron D, naging 7km/l na ang konsumo ko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    There was some hype about the Techron Diesel so I did try it out for a few weeks. But from my experience, the mileage worsened by 1-2km / liter. The fuel burn seem leaner, and power decreased. I have since reverted back to Petron Diesel although I can also say that the consistency of our fuel in this country is really, really, bad. I think that deregulation should not be at the expense of quality. I've been driving for a good number of years now, but I am noticing that fuel quality is being compromised nowadays at the expense of the consumers. :shark::justice: I drive a supposedly Euro IV compliant diesel engine, but the fuel rarely makes Euro II standards so what will happen to the engine in a few years time? The oil companies should keep up with the technology at the very least!

How can we consumers demand this from them? The car makers are not helping either. I think they're just keeping quiet as consumers spend for non-warranty repairs related to fuel-related problems.
    If you've got problems i.e. pinging, fuel pump problems, knocking, etc., and you have a relatively new car i.e. less than 3 years, its is likely that fuel is the culprit.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    I stay away from Caltex when I could. Lalo na yung gas station nila sa west service road between sucat and bicutan-- naku, sobrang luma na ang mga gamit and it has the worst service crew imaginable. Tamad na tamad ang mga tao dun, kailangan pang businahan mo paulit-ulit para lang pansinin ka, kundi lalampasan ka nila ng tingin! Dapat commission basis ang sweldo ng mga yun e, para unahan sila magpuno ng mga sasakyan.

And I never believed their commercials. Sobrang exaggerated. Parang mahina ang R&D department nila, walang masyadong innovations.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    best for me lalo na ung caltex mindanao. walang daya ung metro nla.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Anyone think Caltex has the worst gas?