New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Every time I fill up with Caltex Gold, it feels like my car becomes less responsive and more sluggish. Especially if you just finished a full tank of Petron XCS. The upside is Caltex Gold is one of the cheapest 95 octane gasolines around.

Comments?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Been using caltex silver for years for both my bikes and car, and I have had no ill effects. Maybe you got used to the power of higher octane gasoline. Caltex I think has lower octane levels than shell or petron.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    it really depends. i was once a caltex user but decided to change. i now use shell because i get more mileage with it than caltex.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope, in my case, shell gives me the worst performance. best performance is caltex, second is total, third is petron.

have also tried using Unioil, mas maganda din performance nya compared to shell.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    I think pare-pareho lang ang mga gasolina, IMO, wala naman akong nararamdaman na kakaiba when I switched from Petron to Shell then to Caltex, the only reason that I fill up with Caltex is the 5% rebate being extended to HSBC cardholders. I used to have a Shell-Citibank Visa card, but pina-cancel ko na when Caltex came out with the 5% rebate since wala na akong pakinabang doon and didn't want to pay the annual dues for the 2nd year.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What gas is best depends entirely on the car.

Our CR-V hates Caltex Silver E10... it idles better on Shell E10 and best on Petron E10.

Been meaning to try Seaoil 97 E10, just to see if it helps it start easier in the morning.

The Lynx, on the other hand, prefers Shell V-Power over Blaze, but the difference is slight... currently using Total's 95 RON, feels less powerful than V-Power, but I have a Total discount sticker, so it's cheaper for me... plus I usually load both gas and LPG at the same time, so it's more convenient for me to gas up at Total. Not all Petron Stations have LPG yet... and I haven't found a Shell with it, so far.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    agree with niky. it depends on the vehicle.

our vehicle gets better mileage using petron fuels but the engine is usually noisier and idles more erratically.

shell is smooth (silent and good idling), but we get fewer miles.

i usually gas up at petron, shell and caltex in that order.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am now filing up at Caltex and I should say that I am not experiencing any issue on their fuel products....

8404:duel:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Caltex silver is good for my 09 jazz than Caltex gold...more mileage on silver..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    lagi akong full tank sa caltex.. and ung mga trucks namin caltex din.. tnx to KARLBO! hehehe..

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Anyone think Caltex has the worst gas?