New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    I also stopped buying that particular magazine (TGP) since the new editor-in-chief. In the first two issues with the new EIC, I already noticed the quality articles in the magazine dropped significantly.
    whoops... I just noticed I accidentaly deleted part of my previous message reply (yung na-quote ni ilovedetailing). :P

The first post-Mike Black issue had a lot of horn blowing already (i think almost all the letters published were the congratulatory letters of manufacturers to the new EIC if i recall it right). Then the first editor's note was that of TG having to be made by "Automotive Journalists" rather than car enthusiasts... a complete irony from the last editors note of Mike Black on the magazine being one for car enthusiasts; by car enthusiasts

There's still room for improvement within... as always.

Flagg: the synths here wouldnt be as cost-effective due to our driving conditions (traffic,humidity,dust,etc) which does make the oil and engine more susceptible to being dirty... the synth oil can maintain it's original properties longer than mineral oil but the dirt contamination is still there (thats why its advised to change at least your oil filter at the 5000km mark pa rin if you extend your drain interval with synths).

I usually gas up in two stations only as much as possible even if the price is not exactly the lowest... keeps things consistent and it's on my regular route. My goal nowadays is not to get the cheapest fuel or to get one with the best advertised mileage but more on maximizing my trips and making my driving habits as fuel efficient as possible in the normal driiving conditions.
    Last edited by vinj; June 17th, 2006 at 09:49 AM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    am not a regular buyer of Car Mag but i think ill buy me a copy of C! Its my little way of showing my appreciation on Mr. Deakins Article.

Is Mike Black the guy from Las Pinas? A nissan Owner?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    nice article, I hope that's clear enough for those who believe on those gas-saving wonder gadgets
    Is there any consumer report organization in the Philippines? Well, maybe it'll be a good time to start one specially for the gadgets. Which one works and which one doesn't. Everyone wants to know which one really works or comparing them is hard enough. I know for a fact that some of them does but it will really depend on many factors if it will work for you. I heard from a Makati dealership of big engine vehicles. (Alam nyo na cguro which one.) It really works for those engines. Not true though for the other manufacturers from the Land of the Rising Sun. Not all models anyway.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    I could never understand why the gas in the Philippines had names, in the US you get either 87, 89, 91 or 93 octane gas depending on what state you live in.
    It's that way everywhere else.
    UK and Europe has had regular, ultimate, optimax, v-power and what not for the longest time now.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Anybody read James Deakins Article on Phil. Star "Fuel For thought"?