New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Waste vegetable oil can be cleaned and semi-processed before its used on a two-tank system. In the Philippines, there is a a manufacturer, installer and I've been using it in 3 of my commercial trucks for 2 years. The gumming issue can be remedied. One truck has been using it for 23,000kms.
    We buy the used veg oil from them too.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how much is a two tank processing system and how much WVO can it handle per hour or per day?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    any news on wvo as fuel? anyone tried it yet?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    how much is a two tank processing system and how much WVO can it handle per hour or per day?
    The two-tank kit is installed in the vehicle. It does not clean the waste vegetable oil. There is a separate filtration system that processes the wvo so it can be stored and transferred clean to the vehicle when needed.
    Vehicle conversion = P25k to P45k (big trucks)
    WVO Filtration System = P45k

Savings is about P10 per liter compared to diesel pump price. And thousands of pesos in savings against fines and kotongeros during Smoke Belching operation. Makes lot of sense for those who consume lots of diesel like commercial vehicles, jeepneys etc. WVO is substitute for diesel not gas.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Even if the ambient temperature back there is in the high 30's, it is still highly recommended to pre-heat the WVO fuel lines in order to ensure the fuel is thin enough and will be easier on the injection pump. This ensures longer life of the engine as well as the injection pump. It doesn't have to be a fabricated heating element but just route the fuel lines near a radiator hose or close to a hot spot in the engine.

Please do a search on "Lovecraft" and its issues with killing lots of nice MB diesels because they previously used a single tank system without any form of heating. I understand here in the US it's a bit colder, but I think if the main goal is to save money in the long term use then preventive maintenance must be done to properly "thin" the fuel so it won't cause engine or IP failure in the long term.

Just be really careful in using these for common rail injection systems, since those are more expensive than the older engines with purely mechanical injection systems.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Make a search for Biodrive Philippines. There are interesting answers in that website.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nice site but still lacks a bit of development like pictures of the actual products being sold.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by biodriver View Post
    Waste vegetable oil can be cleaned and semi-processed before its used on a two-tank system. In the Philippines, there is a a manufacturer, installer and I've been using it in 3 of my commercial trucks for 2 years. The gumming issue can be remedied. One truck has been using it for 23,000kms.
    We buy the used veg oil from them too.
    Maybe you can post the contact info for that company? In the least, I am interested in contacting them.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    WVO is gaining popularity here in iloilo. A local transport company is using a 30/70 mix of diesel and WVO. The WVO oil is filtered with crude backyard device, fabricated locally. Still, it does the job, and the stench of the exhaust is somewhat pleasing. Its smells more like fried food than the usual obnoxious fumes of diesel or any vehicle for that matter.

IMO this approach is safer compared to going straight WVO. You still enjoy huge savings on fuel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Which is actually better? BioDiesel vs Used Vegetable Oil