New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    you don't have to worry, unleaded is perfectly fine, aircraft engines use them since mas mababa carbon deposits. anyway, i had an instructor in the aviation industry, he said kahit na sabihin nila unleaded yan it still has very small amounts of lead (assuming he's right), he even points out that aircraft piston engines commonly use 100LL fuel, LL means low lead, di raw matanggal lead completely. hehe i believe him naman, instructor ko eh,

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Unleaded fuel is not really abrasive.

It's just that leaded fuel has more inherent lubricating properties.

All newer gasoline engines 70's and up are designed to use unleaded fuel.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rey_rya View Post
    Wala na bang leaded gas sa Phils? I believed ung premium is the leaded gas (di ko na masyadong alam ang mga klase ng gasoline dyan) Anyway, what Im trying to emphasize is the effect of the unleaded gas on the engine lalo kung old model na ung engine.
    Wala na pong leaded gasoline dito sa Pilipinas. It's illegal to sell leaded gas here. "Premium" is just an descriptive word for unleaded gasoline nowadays (Premium unleaded); it means it is a higher octane unleaded gasoline.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Actually, Premium or mid-tier fuels sold sa mga gas stations have LEAD SUBSTITUTES but are still unleaded fuels, mainly marketed to CARB or older engine cars.

Octane is pretty much the same

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Wala na pong leaded gasoline dito sa Pilipinas. It's illegal to sell leaded gas here. "Premium" is just an descriptive word for unleaded gasoline nowadays (Premium unleaded); it means it is a higher octane unleaded gasoline.
    Not true. In the case of Shell, their Premium & Unleaded have the same octane rating (93). I would surmise that the difference between the 2 would be the greater(?) amount of additives and detergents in their Premium gasoline (to justify the higher cost, perhaps?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Abrasive effect of Unleaded Fuel