New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2012

2. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Agree! Unless your car requires you to use premium petrol, you'll be fine with regular petrol.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    There are even cases where 91Ron slightly out-performed 95Ron on the dymo in torque and mileage. Google "regular and premium gas" and you'll get tons of answers/proofs; load what RON your Manual recommends or its nearest equivalent. You gain nothing from premium.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for the un-informed, higher ron still performs better.
    if not real, perceived.
    heh heh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if not real, perceived.
    heh heh.
    I find this very true.

I find the lower RON Caltex Silver to make my car's engine a bit "sluggish". . .

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if not real, perceived.
    heh heh.
    Which happens to be a lot of uninformed people.

There are cars though that can take the minimum RON but performance is better with a higher RON. This is the case of the 1.5T engine of the Civic RS. Most other turbocharged petrol cars require a minimum of 95RON.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Sana gawing generic ung pangalan ng mga gasolina sa gas stations (i.e., 91, 93, 95, 97...) Kasi ung mga un-informed nadadala sa mga pangalan. At for sure mababawasan na ung mga tanong na, "Anong mas maganda, XCS or unleaded?".

8. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    Sana gawing generic ung pangalan ng mga gasolina sa gas stations (i.e., 91, 93, 95, 97...) Kasi ung mga un-informed nadadala sa mga pangalan. At for sure mababawasan na ung mga tanong na, "Anong mas maganda, XCS or unleaded?".
    I mean, that's what I like about Unioil. Not only do they have Euro 5 now for all fuels, they also just call their fuels by their RON ratings.

I'm not sure if Phoenix Petroleum does the same. hehe!

But for what it is worth as well, I've compared pricing along the same road, and was surprised (for petrol at least) the php per liter for Phoenix (Euro 4) and Total (Euro 4) to be cheaper by 3 to 4php to the nearest Unioil Gas Station (Euro 5), basically offsetting most of the SnR discount.

Can't recall if the Seaoil station has similar pricing to those 2. But along that same road you'd come across a Shell and Petron Gas Station as well and those 2 stations I mentioned would be cheaper per liter at least.

I was comparing it to the Gas Stations along Araneta Avenue between E Rodriguez and Aurora/R Magsaysay Blvd. nearest Unioil I know of is along E Rodriguez (nr T Morato), F Blumentritt and Q Avenue.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    exactly, sa ibang bansa nung nag road trip ako Petrol 91, Petrol 95 etc. ganyan yung labeling.
    I just don't know the logic bakit ganyan dito sa pinas, it's pure marketing bs.
    Also sa shell, merong Fuelsave sa gas meron din sa Diesel, so very dangerous ito lalo na sa mga sedan na diesel, pag nasabi mo Fuelsave baka gas pa malagay.

Regarding sa thread topic. I feel smoother pag 95ron ang gamit (91 ang recommended sa manual).
    pag 91, I feel a slight jerk when I slow down/rev up, pag sa 95 smooth na smooth.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^proper manual interpretation should be the minimum recommended to avoid engine knock

Any higher octane is better than the minimum

Sent from my SM-G532G using Tapatalk