New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    carpool with people who have their own cars, that way you can have a rotation. my friend has been doing this for quite sometime now and it seems to be working. meron pa daw added benefit, three of his carpool buddies are MILFs.
    if that is the case, medyo dehado yun naka-high end fully-loaded car.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    Malamang pag naka-high end and fully loaded car ka may pang-gas at toll ka araw araw kahit solo ka lang.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    nafocus lang kasi sa gas ang computation e.well kung yon lang ang basehan, talagang tipid ka pero pano naman yong sasakyan mo?Specially pag umuulan?
    Sabi nga ni OB pano na yon pag dinagdag mo sa computation ang maintenance?magkano naba ang gulong ngayon?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post

my friend drives an X5, but he doesn't mind, kasi instead of driving 5 times a week, he only has to drive 1 time. we shouldn't think of the petty stuff like who drives what when carpooling. we should look at the big picture. the bottom line is everybody benefits, by saving gas and their sanity.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I read somewhere that AAA pegs the additional cost of driving the car at 52 cents a mile - that's wear and tear items and depreciation, over and above gas.
    Last edited by the_wildthing; June 9th, 2007 at 05:42 AM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Carpooling isn't for everyone. Those who aren't into it have said their reasons. But for those who are, choose your carpool buddies well and the routes they take. Ideally, take others that treat their cars the same way you do yours, and that the distance added to your usual trip isn't so much.

There are other reasons why people get into carpools. I hate waking up early, so I do the afternoon runs. And by doing only the morning runs, my buddy makes more money in the afternoon which would've been used up by the school run. We can manage the costs without the benefit of carpooling ... but we don't shy away from opportunities to save money either.

I would've carpool'ed to work, too. But I live way-off the others. Give me an MILF though and I'd be willing to drive more, above and beyond the call of duty .

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You probably will like to find a car pool vehicle that runs on free waste veggie oil. The only stuff you pay for will be maintenance, and maybe the occasional gallon or two of regular diesel (used in the mixture)...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    nafocus lang kasi sa gas ang computation e.well kung yon lang ang basehan, talagang tipid ka pero pano naman yong sasakyan mo?Specially pag umuulan?
    Sabi nga ni OB pano na yon pag dinagdag mo sa computation ang maintenance?magkano naba ang gulong ngayon?

hmmm...i was always under the impression na sa carpooling, everyone take turns using their cars. so instead of driving 5 times a week on your own, you only have to drive once, and be a passenger the rest of the week. how can you not save (gas, maintenance, etc.)? you'll be using your car less.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ^true, any wear and tear on your ride will be offset by not using your car often. tipid ka na makakapahinga pa car mo. i dont see any negative on carpooling unless hoodlums or kids ang pinapasakay.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by FXT View Post
    hmmm...i was always under the impression na sa carpooling, everyone take turns using their cars. so instead of driving 5 times a week on your own, you only have to drive once, and be a passenger the rest of the week. how can you not save (gas, maintenance, etc.)? you'll be using your car less.
    sir i assume na hindi ka andito sa'tin based on your signature. grabe ang daan dito sa'tin, any passengers sa likod will really add up to the wear and tear of the car. and also, yun nag-aaagawan sa music o station

now if I'm in California or in some other state where the roads are lighter and driving is a breeze, I wouldn't car pool either. the risk of getting killed in the interstate as a passenger is very high dyan sa inyo.
    not that I dont trust other drivers than me, but I'm very much comfortable if i'm the one behind the wheel pag high-speed.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
40 bucks for gas. Lets start carpooling