New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Hello po!!

Im planning to sell our 2005 Sportivo ang replace it with a pick-up for business purposes.

I will travel it from Las Pinas to Iloilo and vice versa. So medyo mahaba habang biyahe therefore, I should choose a pick up na fuel efficient, smooth and ride, mabilis, hindi matagtag cause I'll be driving with my grandmom, has a abiltity to carry more load.

Im thinking about these behicles:
    Toyota Hilux G AT 4x4
    Nissan Navara techxtreme/Krome 4x4 (Not yet decided)
    Ford ranger 4x2 AT (MT ang 4x4 ng ranger)

I heard na ranger ang top sa pick ups. But the problem is sobrang tagal bago makuha yung unit and wala pang assurance kung kailan mismo. We've been to Ford Alabang last week and wala silang maipakita na display samin. On the other hand, maganda naman talaga siya. Yun nga lang. Di alam kung kelan makukuha.

Sa hilux naman, matagatag daw and hindi ganon kalakas yung makina.

Sa navara,eto yung choice namin as of now. 2nd choice. Ranger 1st choice namin. sobrang smooth daw and mabilis. Hindi lang ako sure kung gano kabigat ang kaya niyang dalhin sa trunk niya. Ang ranger kasi 1 ton. Pati na rin yung gulong ng navara. R16 lang.

Please hindi kami makadecide.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some comments:

"Hindi matagtag" doesn't seem to speak well of a pick up truck. I'm supposing you are referring to the Sportivo as your basis for the "hindi matagtag"?

Are you not planning on checking out the Mitsubishi Strada? In terms of ride quality, the Strada is reportedly the best riding pick up locally.

The Hilux G AT 4x4 has the 3.0L engine good for about 160 hp. I think it's the 2.5L engine that you are referring to as regards the weaker engine output. It's also got the harshest ride reportedly, so though it may have the bed space and capacity, it's not going to pass the "hindi matagtag" requirement.

Navarra has the least reclined 2nd row, I believe. Plus the capacity of a pick up is not measured with the size of its rim.

The Ranger has a very long waiting line. If you are in a hurry, definitely you'll have to pass on the Ranger.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    ranger is the best choice here. but if you really can't wait for it. strada is the next in line for me. mabilis, smooth ride

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Between your choices, I would choose the ranger over the other two. Downside lang is spare parts, since its a new engine

5. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Some comments:

"Hindi matagtag" doesn't seem to speak well of a pick up truck. I'm supposing you are referring to the Sportivo as your basis for the "hindi matagtag"?

Are you not planning on checking out the Mitsubishi Strada? In terms of ride quality, the Strada is reportedly the best riding pick up locally.

The Hilux G AT 4x4 has the 3.0L engine good for about 160 hp. I think it's the 2.5L engine that you are referring to as regards the weaker engine output. It's also got the harshest ride reportedly, so though it may have the bed space and capacity, it's not going to pass the "hindi matagtag" requirement.

Navarra has the least reclined 2nd row, I believe. Plus the capacity of a pick up is not measured with the size of its rim.

The Ranger has a very long waiting line. If you are in a hurry, definitely you'll have to pass on the Ranger.
    Hindi po matagtag like sa hilux. Naririnig ko po kasi na sobrang tagtag nun. Okay lan naman po samin na may konting tagtag wag lang yung sobra. So what do you prefernin those three? Thanks for your comment po.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by beni23 View Post
    Between your choices, I would choose the ranger over the other two. Downside lang is spare parts, since its a new engine
    Medyo tanggal na po yung ranger sa choices dahil po sa hindi sila sigurado kung kelan darating yung mga units. Sabi po sa min, mga one year pa at least. Eh ang tagal naman po ata mashado nun. Anyway, thanks po pag comment.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    ranger is the best choice here. but if you really can't wait for it. strada is the next in line for me. mabilis, smooth ride
    Regarding is strada, okay lang naman po kaya lang we already have montero sport GTV so parang nakakasawa naman po if i'll buy strada. Magkamuka sila, similarties sa interior although interior of GTV is better than 4x4 of strada and same engine. So gusto ko po sana maiba naman. Nissan navara, no good?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    vote ko sa Navara, pero pinakamaganda sa lahat ng pick up sa balat ng lupa un Dmax

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Kung hindi pwede sa Ranger, I'd suggest you check out its equally good twin, the Mazda BT50. You can go for the 3.2L inline 5 4x4 A/T variant, of which the Ranger's is not yet officially available. Or, if you find the looks not to your liking, there is the Chevy Colorado.

Since you are referring to the 4x4 A/T Hilux, then it comes with the 163ps 3.0D4D engine, which is very strong. The weak engine you are speaking of is the 102ps 2.5L non-intercooled D4D used in the base variants. The 2.2L Ranger 4x2's engine is actually weaker than the Hilux 3.0, its heavier weight making this even more noticeable.

By the way, matic lang ba ang hanap mo? Since you are mostly running highway and provincial roads, manuals would give you better gas mileage and performance and still not strain you too much due to heavy traffic.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    if i were to rank ALL the pickups in the market... i would do it like this...

1. santa fe - best pickup in the market
    2. dmax - most comfortable, walang katagtag-tagtag... kahit lubak lubak ang road, di mo mafifeel... parang nakasakay ka sa bulak... super safe pa... iyoutube mo ang ancap rating nito...
    3. hilux - toyota eh... best in the world kung walang santa fe at dmax...
    4. tatlo lang ang pickup sa buong mundo... yung tatlong nasa taas... wala na... yung iba, sedan sila, nagpapanggap lang...

hope to help...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Nissan Navara vs. toyota hilux, vs ford ranger