New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Help! I'm planning to get a second-hand car and this will be my first owned car if ever.Ü Anyways, I'm choosing between a 2003 Honda City 1.3 S CVT (Php400,000) or a 2005 Nissan Sentra GX A/T (Php420,000). For those who are familiar with both cars, can you enlighten me which is better considering their performance, price, endurance and fuel consumption? Your opinions are very much welcome! Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    My bro drives a Honda City CVT, and based on his comments talagang worth it ang honda city. And its gas thifty too, he gets 12-14 city driving. Just follow your periodic maintenance to keep it in good shape for a long long time. I currently drive a city type z 2001, its already 6 years na no headaches. well, there would be some minor flaws like : had my a/c compressor replaced under warranty. dashboard lights replaced due to burnout, ... thats all.but over-all it'll be a pretty good investment as a transpo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Sentra lives in another size class. A comparison with a City is pretty much apples to oranges.

If all out fuel economy is your only objective, the City wins hands down, no contest.

However, I feel that there is more to a car to that. And to that end, I choose the Nissan Sentra. Is the GX the upgraded all-power variant already?

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Hello teenah,

Assuming performance, price, endurance and fuel consumption are the order of which you prioritize.

performance Nissan if its 1.3 DOHC already
    price Honda. Its A/T but you can still drive M/T with it.
    endurance Nissan (not sure how you define endurance)
    But if its how long you can drive on a full tank then its Honda
    fuel consumption Honda

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've also test driven a city CVT. sarap i-drive. the CVT tranny shifts very smoothly and acceleration is very fast and smooth.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Interior space and engine reliability panalo ka sa Nissan Sentra 1.3GX. Nissan uses timing chain and not timing belt. Another thing, mas mura ang oil filters ng Nissan mapa original or replacement compare to Honda. Quality is just the same, they are both Japanese cars pero mas sikat lang ang Honda dito sa Pinas kaya parang mas superior quality nia.

kung 1.3gx-m/t, dun ako, pero laki kasi ng kaha ng sentra, baka hihirapin ang makina pag puno,e...otherwise, 1.3L i-dsi+cvt w/ ULT seats is still a good and my 1st choice...kung kaya ng budget/ makakakita ka ng "owner leaving" unit na 1.5vtec+cvt parin kung gusto mo all-rounder(city+hway)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Go for the City. ;)

Honda City 1.3s Cvt Or Nissan Sentra Gx