New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Hi Guys,

Need some expert opinions. In terms of the following w/c is better?

1. Power
    2. Good for city driving
    3. Good on highway drive
    4. Fuel efficiency
    5. others...

Thank You for the adanve help.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Nakapagtest drive na ako ng Spark A/T. Cool AC, nice sound system , nice exterior (except n wheel cap) and interior for me. My only concern is normal lang ba yung 3RPM sa 40Kph n speed? Sabi nung mekaniko don sa chevy normal lang daw yon. Nagtanong ako paano kung 80- 00kph na yung speed ilan yung normal RPM nya? sabi nung mekaniko 4 -5RPM daw? totoo ba yon?

Hindi pa ako nakapagtest drive ng M/T wala kasi silang pang test drive.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 1.2 MT isn't much quicker than the 1.0 MT, but the 1.0 AT... no contest... the weak engine and long gearing of the automatic make it dog slow when overtaking.

Otherwise, there's no real reason to get the 1.2 LT over the 1.0AT LS. The 1.0AT has similar fuel efficiency and is more convenient to use, especially as the manual Sparks have a rubbery shift linkage. Most of the differences are cosmetic: alloy wheels, chrome headlights, body-colored interior panels (not that great), roof rails and integrated head-unit (prefer the replaceable standard 1DIN in the 1.0). The only dfference really worth mentioning is the extra power on the highway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

A 1.0L A/T would be comparable to a scooter while the 1.2L M/T would be comparable to a 125cc motorcycle. One offers more comfort in heavy city traffic while the other one doesn't get too much more speed but has a safer throttle response for the fast highway traffic.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JD Lopez View Post
    Hi Guys,

Need some expert opinions. In terms of the following w/c is better?

1. Power
    2. Good for city driving
    3. Good on highway drive
    4. Fuel efficiency
    5. others...

Thank You for the adanve help.
    The 1.2L vs the 1.0L is practically the same inside & out. The 1.2L has a small issue to having a "dead" spot in it's rpm range where power seems to be flat from under the mid-rpm until you nearly reach the last few RPMs. Given this, I would choose the 1.0L A/T, much easier to drive and has a linear power delivery from it's engine.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple_rooster View Post
    A 1.0L A/T would be comparable to a scooter while the 1.2L M/T would be comparable to a 125cc motorcycle. One offers more comfort in heavy city traffic while the other one doesn't get too much more speed but has a safer throttle response for the fast highway traffic.
    Have you tried driving the Chevy Spark 1.2L against the 1.0L?? The 1.2L does NOT offer a better throttle response. In fact it's more frustrating to drive the 1.2L versus the 1.0L because of the weird power delivery characteristics of the 1.2L engine.

The 1.2L engine has a big power dead spot which makes it hard to drive properly.

I've actually never get in touch with a 1.2L Spark. But the 1.0L is quite successful in South America, I have even seen some people using it in quite long road trips over 2000km...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I just got my Chevrolet Spark 1.2 MT. Satisfied naman ako sa performance nya. Maganda ang handling, hindi matagtag, lahat malambot dahil bago. Ok sya kung hindi ka naman naghahanap ng sobrang bilis na sasakyan. maganda din ang interior nya kasi maluwag din. Madali sya dalhin kasi maliit lang. Tamang tama sa city driving. Sa mga ahunin na lugar medyo hirap sya kung may masusundan ka na mabagal sa harap mo, pero kung direcho lang ang takbo mo kahit sa 3rd gear aahon sya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Badungas View Post
    I just got my Chevrolet Spark 1.2 MT. Satisfied naman ako sa performance nya. Maganda ang handling, hindi matagtag, lahat malambot dahil bago. Ok sya kung hindi ka naman naghahanap ng sobrang bilis na sasakyan. maganda din ang interior nya kasi maluwag din. Madali sya dalhin kasi maliit lang. Tamang tama sa city driving. Sa mga ahunin na lugar medyo hirap sya kung may masusundan ka na mabagal sa harap mo, pero kung direcho lang ang takbo mo kahit sa 3rd gear aahon sya.

Congrats with your new car. Take notice that the rear hatch rattle a bit on rough roads. I am not sure if there is a fix for it.

Chevrolet Spark 1.2MT or 1.0AT??