New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    I am planning to buy our first family car and I am undecided which one to buy. With the discounts offered for Ford Everest, its almost the same price as of Monty's entry level, the GLX Non VGT.

Which car is more fuel efficient? Easier for maintenance? More bang for the buck? Please help. Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    I had the same dilemma before and I got the Everest AT.

Everest

PROs
    -very good and powerful engine w/ VGT
    -fuel efficient-- presently at 8.01-8.54kms/L. You might get better mileage with the MT
    -very spacious interior. Maski 3rd row ok ang legroom
    -comfortable ride (this is based on my passengers) ; this can be subjective though
    -easier to ride on and get off-- lower ground clearance, wider stepboards
    -bigger rims w/ low profile tires (porma factor)
    -rear AC vents are overhead with a 2nd row fan speed control (better distribution as cold air goes down)
    -presence of spare tire at the back adds more protection to rear collisions
    -personal take-- better and more macho looking

CONs
    -rear door opens sideways. You will need more clearance at the back to open it. No stoplock sa backdoor to stop it from opening all the way
    -Old school Handbrake---Feeling ko Lite Ace gamit ko.
    -Absence of Ceiling handles--none sa 3rd row seats where you really need them. Same absence of handle at the backdoor. Dipa ginawang standard. Meron namang abang.
    -No automatic side mirror folding button. Buti pa yung Vios 1.5 ko dati meron.
    -No reading light sa front.
    -No seat elevation control at the driver's seat
    -outdated dashboard. No Dashboard LED backlight even if the park/headlights are off
    -simple stereo,CD/MP3 player. No DVD, GPS.
    -no headrest at the 3rd row seats
    -parts at CASA mahal, dami naman din sa labas

I can't say much about MS. Wala ako nun eh.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    May tread ako dati dito sir about everest 2012 vs monty glx v 2012.. Try to search that sir kasi di naman masyadong upgraded ang 2013 eve monty sa 2012 models nila..

Anyway, kung ako i'll go for the everest.. Nevermind the casa mahal talaga, sa labas ka na lang magpamaintenance if u have a trusted mechanic.

Share ko lang experience ko with my everest 2012 mt.
    -masarap ihataw!
    -fuel efficient din i get 7.5-8km/l on heavy traffic(yung madalas ako sa gear 2 kesa sa 3) and 13-15km/L highway
    -Di ko talaga gusto yung oem stereo panel so pinaICE package ko(pero advice ko sayo wag ka na sa casa! Mahal masyado at mas maganda pa sa labas pakabit, i regret na sa casa nagpalagay, bahala na yan warranty! Hehe)
    -personally nagagandahan ako sa everest kaysa sa monty..
    -Ayaw ko sa everest yung door locks, manual aircon adjuster, konti lang accesories di tulad sa monty at fort, at ang 3mo/5k which ever comes first pms ng casa..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I've seen quite a number of smoke-belching Montero's, even the new ones with VGT. I'm pretty sure its not negligence since the car is still new. The only other car I've seen that emits black smoke at this age is the Crosswind. But then I suppose anything can be prevented if you take good care of it.

So far in this particular vehicle class, I've seen smoke belching Montero's and Fortuner's but not Everest's and Alterra's, even the old ones! The Everest interior is a bit crude, and ride quality is rather bouncy due to the rear leaf springs. But if you want a spacious workhorse vehicle with a modern powertrain then this is it for you.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    It boils down to priorities. If you want a good interior with a modern dashboard and DVD screen, go for the MS. I remember 2 friends with Monteros (both have the VGT variants) advising me when I was looking for an SUV for my P1.3M budget saying " Kung balak mong bumili ng MS na non-VGT, wag nalang".

I prioritized the main essence of buying a car for my budget:

Everest
    -engine has VGT already plus the added HP and torque
    -cabin space
    -safety
    -comfort (di ko lang alam kung bakit ang mga anak ko pagsakay sa Eve eh tulog agad at mahirap gisingin pagnakarating na)

These 4 factors are not upgradeable. The other amenities like GPS, DVD, sound system are all upgradeable.

BTW, V-Kool ang standard tint ng Everest if that's a plus for you.

The other thing I chose the Everest is that it is not as commonly seen as the MS in our roads. The concept kasi na Ford yan mahal still prevails. And yung MS mas nacacar nap at nababaril.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Since di pa nade-deliver yung Monty GLX A/T ko,di ko pa alam ang fc.

Anyway, I was in the same P1.3M- 7 seater- diesel- suv dilemna last year. I can only say that on all the available options, I chose the Monty because of garage space limitations. Di kasya yung everest & alterra sa garage ko. Besides, nang nag test-drive kami ng wife & kids ko, pinaka-gusto nila ang Monty.

Another deciding factor is the discounted price i got from the SA: P1.258M for the MS GLX A/T with the following freebies: floormats, wraparound 3M tint, EWD, windowvisor & back-up sensor.

HTH!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bogart View Post
    Since di pa nade-deliver yung Monty GLX A/T ko,di ko pa alam ang fc.

Anyway, I was in the same P1.3M- 7 seater- diesel- suv dilemna last year. I can only say that on all the available options, I chose the Monty because of garage space limitations. Di kasya yung everest & alterra sa garage ko. Besides, nang nag test-drive kami ng wife & kids ko, pinaka-gusto nila ang Monty.

Another deciding factor is the discounted price i got from the SA: P1.258M for the MS GLX A/T with the following freebies: floormats, wraparound 3M tint, EWD, windowvisor & back-up sensor.

HTH!
    Congrats sir on your new ride! Wala ng contest dyan pag choice ng family! Agree ako that the Everest eats a lot of parking space specially with the presence of the spare tire at the rear. Good for you may unit for test drive. Sa Mitsu Alabang wala.

Before I inquired on any car to buy, the MS was number one on the list because of my budget but when Ford offered a P100k discount, it became the number one choice.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    We have Montero Sport GTV 4x4. So before kami bumili, tumingin din kami sa ford. Nagtest drive kami ng everst. So far, maganda ang ride niya. Hindi matagtag kaya lang dismayado sa interior. Pareho sila ng fort. Sobrang simple yung loob. Wala pang base yung speakers. Parang sportivo yung loob. Hindi pa HID lamps. Parang luge kami. If Im not mistaken, GPS ready na yang non-gtv, and touch screen stereo. Maganda sound. DVD player, MP3 player. pwede. na. Kaya lang mas spacious ang Everest, Pede kang humiga sa legroom. Mas rare ng konti ang everest kesa monty. Actually, yun yung factor na pinaka kinoconsider namin. yung rarity. Dapat nga pajero kami kaya lang hindi kasya sa garage. hahaha.

I think gtv naman yung everest na MT. So if youre going to base it on interior, mas okay ang monty GLX, but the performance, everest ako.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Agree ako dun sa masarap matulog ang tulog ng mga passengers mo, malambot kasi ang upuan ng eve.

For me ang cons lang is yung handbrake, para akong nagmamaneho ng elf truck. Hehe. Yung lang talaga. Sa takbo nakikipagsabayan talaga siya sa monty gtv.

Kung kukunin mo yung monty non vgt, dito ka na lang sa eve, may vgt pa.

Kung ang habol mo naman is yung dvd touchscreen, madali lang gawan ng paraan yan, makakakuha ka pa ng mas magandang touchscreen headunit from a third party installer.

Very satisfied ako sa eve ko ngayon, sarap magmilktea habang nagmamaneho, AT eh. Hahaha.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner