New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    hi guys , need your help of choosing , w/c one is better the 2007 4x2 isuzu dmax 3.0crdi LS or ford ranger 2.5tdci trekker ?

1. engine Hp/torque power

2. from standstill to 100kmph

3. largest cargo space

4. cabin styling * space

5. smoothest and quietest engine lineup

6. long run maintenance and fuel consumption

7. value for money

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    the ranger is taller and longer. I test drove the Ford once in January, the ford has a larger bed for cargo. inside, the dmax looked roomier since it is wider.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    for me the dmax. better rear seats, reliable engine.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    engine- sa isuzu ako, ok naman ang engine sa ford but the engine was just an upgrade to CRdi.. and basing on experience from the older ranger, marami engine prob... kaya mejo takot pa ako sa engine nila ngaun.. the ranger has a very good stance and face.. very macho and brusco ang dating.. but still i would go for the DMAX... its been tested narin...

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sa ranger ako , mas power ang makina at dami karga sa likod , nag test drive na ako both mas feel ko ranger. 1st gen. ranger man ride ko so far 220t na tinakbo,8 yrs old na dipa nagka problema makina at latest emmision ko ay 0.9 lang reading. na ibenta kona dis wk lang at ranger trekker parin ipapalit ko. nxt wk daw dating new trekker ko .

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Ranger powerful talaga makina very torquey but thats about it at kung XLT 3.0L kukunin mo. But if your choosing between the 4x2 Trekker 2.5L Duratorq or the Dmax 4x2 LS 3.0 DDi Iteq, engine Hp/torque power would just about be the same.

IMO d maganda interior ng Ranger puro cheap plastics sticking out everwhere, even the handbreak is old school pull type pa. Hindi maganda quality ng pagkagawa ng interior. It looks good on pictures pero pag nakita mo na in front of you you'll notice. But thats just me.

Engine ng bagong Dmax mas malakas na din at tahimik na compared to the older Dmax. Decent ang interior, ganda ng guages and all together aesthetically mas maganda porma ng Dmax kaysa Ranger. Maintenace? Proven na matibay talaga Isuzu. Cargo space? The difference is negligible IMO.

Although it all depends on how and you will be using your truck. Over all, value for money i would prefer the 07 Dmax over the Ranger.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any diesel will be problematic if you let it drink dirty crude and neglect maintenance. I have a friend with ouver 170t km on his Ranger and he's still very happy with it.

The Ford Ranger kills the D-Max in terms of size and power response. The Ranger's cabin is prettier (if kinda plasticky), but I think the DMax's rear seats may be better. The clincher, though, is three letters long... L.S.D. The Ford's limited slip differential gives it terrific traction in any situation, and it can do mild off-roading even in 4x2 form.

Isuzu? More reliable? Tell that to anyone who's owned a 4JX1-equipped Trooper and they'll whack you upside the head with a fried fuel injector. Isuzu's old OHV engines are reliable because of their robustness and simplicity. With CRDi, they had a bad start with the Trooper. But their new CRDi engines in the Alterra and D-Max seem to be holding up to the abuse of Philippine conditions decently well, and have not been reported to have any problems.

With the new Ford TDCis... it's hard to tell, but since they're Bosch injectors... one hopes they'll be reliable.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by louchua View Post
    IMO d maganda interior ng Ranger puro cheap plastics sticking out everwhere, even the handbreak is old school pull type pa. Hindi maganda quality ng pagkagawa ng interior. It looks good on pictures pero pag nakita mo na in front of you you'll notice. But thats just me.
    +1... Di ko nagustuhan yung dashboard... mas maganda pa ang feel ng old dashboard.
    iam3739.com

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Lamang ng konti ang ranger sa nos. 1 and 2. Dmax naman ang lamang ng konti sa nos. 3,4,5,6,7. Dito sa San Pablo, mas marami na yata akong nakikitang bagong Dmax kesa sa ranger. Bagong labas pa yung Dmax.

Mga pick-up dito, mahilig na magpatulin, parang mga kotse. Lalo na siguro kung lalabas pa yung strada 3.2 at nissan navarra. (Sorry OT)

2007 Isuzu DMax vs. 2007 Ford Ranger