New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    ang technique na ginagawa namin on wet inclines is, paatras yung parking for fwd cars. i think this is because the weight shifts behind the car when going into an incline which gives less traction on the front wheels.

by the way, the crv just got it's MMC, so probably around 2018 pa lalabas yung all-new model.
    My CRV 2009 (4x2) is unable to manage an incline paved with grip tiles when the pavement is wet. But my Altis 2014 easily manages that. Wonder.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Maybe because the tires are worn out on the CR-V?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Maybe because the tires are worn out on the CR-V?
    CRV has logged around 35,000 kms. Is it time to replace tires?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Check the tire manufacture date. Tires should be replaced every 5 to 6 years regardless or mileage.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    by the way, the crv just got it's MMC, so probably around 2018 pa lalabas yung all-new model.
    Sorry bout that, I stand corrected. FMC looks like 2017-2018.

*Walter
    Hehe. They would've sold it better if all the camera shots/angles were the same.

*machine.pistol
    CR-V doesn't have much torque down low RPM (specially the 2.0). Just the way Honda makes their engines. But grippier tires would help. Tires tend to become more brittle (harder) and less grippy as they age. Even if they're not worn yet if they spend a lot of time in the sun that would accelerate them getting more brittle. I've seen tires that are only 3 years old with cracks on the tread. These are the ones that spend most of the time in open parking.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry bout that, I stand corrected. FMC looks like 2017-2018.

*Walter
    Hehe. They would've sold it better if all the camera shots/angles were the same.

*machine.pistol
    CR-V doesn't have much torque down low RPM (specially the 2.0). Just the way Honda makes their engines. But grippier tires would help. Tires tend to become more brittle (harder) and less grippy as they age. Even if they're not worn yet if they spend a lot of time in the sun that would accelerate them getting more brittle. I've seen tires that are only 3 years old with cracks on the tread. These are the ones that spend most of the time in open parking.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    My CRV 2009 (4x2) is unable to manage an incline paved with grip tiles when the pavement is wet. But my Altis 2014 easily manages that. Wonder.
    I agree with them that it might be the tires. Our stock Bridgestone Duellers are not the stickiest out there. I think these tires are geared more for comfort than performance.

Quote Originally Posted by machine.pistol View Post
    I agree with them that it might be the tires. Our stock Bridgestone Duellers are not the stickiest out there. I think these tires are geared more for comfort than performance.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004

From years of experience and countless braking and handling tests, Dueler HTs are absolute **** in the wet. They're designed for long life. Period. Michelin Latitudes are pricey, but they are more comfortable and grippier.

From years of experience and countless braking and handling tests, Dueler HTs are absolute **** in the wet. They're designed for long life. Period. Michelin Latitudes are pricey, but they are more comfortable and grippier.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Sieht sehr gut aus Schöner wäre noch, wenn das neue Radio/Navi oben wäre und das Infodisplay unten. Geht das nicht?

Gruß

Timberlake Candies, Hand Made Barley Candy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234