New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    *All cars mentioned should have automatic transmission*
    *BRV/Rush is out of the picture*
    *No second hand option*

Planning to buy a car around end of the year and before kami mag ikot ikot sa mga showroom, which do you think is better?

Mobilio 1.5V CVT - wife loves the badge. I like the fact that it uses the same engine and CVT as the City (strenght in numbers - for future parts availability)

Xpander GLX - bigger and taller than the Mobilio, will feel safer during heavy rains. Love the fact that the seats fold flat and the second row has an arm rest in the middle (please confirm if this feature is available for the GLX)... I find the 4 speed AT too old.

Personally, I think the Xpander will be similar to the Adventure, little facelift and updates but the model won't change too much. (The Adventure was around for almost 15 years!)

As for the Mobilio, we've already seen a facelift and since it's based on the Brio, a new model will be out soon.

Adding below as options just for discussion.

Ertiga GL 1.4 - it's cheap
    City 1.5E CVT - my parents are from the North... And I feel more comfortable in driving a car (+ points for the Mobilio), it also looks better... I also think the City has better fuel consumption.

One last thing... I personally feel like Mitsubishi's quality isn't what it used to be... I personally see it to that I observe Grab and Uber vehicles to see how a specific car ages... And I noticed that the Attrage (G4) is not ageing too well.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    *No second hand option*

Planning to buy a car around end of the year and before kami mag ikot ikot sa mga showroom, which do you think is better?

Mobilio 1.5V CVT - wife loves the badge. I like the fact that it uses the same engine and CVT as the City (strenght in numbers - for future parts availability)

Xpander GLX - bigger and taller than the Mobilio, will feel safer during heavy rains. Love the fact that the seats fold flat and the second row has an arm rest in the middle (please confirm if this feature is available for the GLX)... I find the 4 speed AT too old.

Personally, I think the Xpander will be similar to the Adventure, little facelift and updates but the model won't change too much. (The Adventure was around for almost 15 years!)

As for the Mobilio, we've already seen a facelift and since it's based on the Brio, a new model will be out soon.

Adding below as options just for discussion.

Ertiga GL 1.4 - it's cheap
    City 1.5E CVT - my parents are from the North... And I feel more comfortable in driving a car (+ points for the Mobilio), it also looks better... I also think the City has better fuel consumption.

One last thing... I personally feel like Mitsubishi's quality isn't what it used to be... I personally see it to that I observe Grab and Uber vehicles to see how a specific car ages... And I noticed that the Attrage (G4) is not ageing too well.
    If you want a car designed mainly as a people mover, the Xpander should be a better choice. At its core, the Mobilio is an expanded Brio.

4AT should not be a concern, as a test drive should decide whether the 4AT is suitable for the main task of the Xpander, which is urban people moving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    haha no the Xpander is nothing like the super old adventure

well mobilio is like a station wagon, not particularly ***y but it'll get the job done but not in style

xpander is a more modern offering

CVT isn't the most durable transmission design so try to avoid it if you plan on beating the cr*p out of the car. if you'll drive like a grandma then i guess CVT is ok

4spd slushbox on the xpander is antiquated but it should be reliable

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    I'm not saying the Xpander is a modern Adventure...

But like the Adventure, I don't think Mitsubishi has any plans of updating the platform.

as for the CVT vs normal 4 speed AT... yun din mga nababasa ko about CVT. normal 4 speed AT is easier to maintain and rebuild when the car ages since madami nang available mechanics outside the dealership ang marunong gumawa... It's also more reliable.

Some articles are even saying na 6% lang improvement sa FC if a manufacturer decides to use CVT over the old fashioned AT

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    We have a pre-facelift mobilio. Meets our expectations so far. Pero I would suggest na i test drive nyo po pareho. Better po if you could bring 4 -6 people with you. Para maramdaman mo performance nung dalawa on full load. Pag may time, itetest drive din namin xpander just to have a feel of the car.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yubby24 View Post
    We have a pre-facelift mobilio. Meets our expectations so far. Pero I would suggest na i test drive nyo po pareho. Better po if you could bring 4 -6 people with you. Para maramdaman mo performance nung dalawa on full load. Pag may time, itetest drive din namin xpander just to have a feel of the car.
    Just wondering... Pwede ba magload ng washing machine naka tayo sa likod?

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2016

Hindi pa namin natry pero baka magkasya naman. Yung simpleng washing machine lang siguro.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008

it would depend, on the size of the washing machine.
    you should find out the measurements, sir.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    *No second hand option*

Mobilio 1.5V CVT - wife loves the badge. .
    if wife loves honda...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    First time riding on Mobilio this week, by just folding the 3rd row seats the washing machine can be easily fit! But of course the expensive ones that is noticeably bigger, cant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast