New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Being an owner of the current-gen CRV, I am pretty happy with my purchase and I don't have any regrets owning it.

I bought my CRV around the same time last year. Compared this to the RAV4 base, Forester base, XV Premium and the CX5 2.0 2WD. Feature by feature, it beats them all. Mine is the Modulo CRV. It has rear AC vents, Cruise Control, LCD/MID, Tonneau cover(not all CUVs or dealers have this for free), One-touch fold for rear seats, my dealer also threw in free parking sensors and a 3M tint, Best interior space(leg, shoulder and cargo space) plus many more.

Fuel consumption too is much better than the previous CRV generations. I can get 8.6kms/liter * 22kph average speed(moderate traffic). In comparison, my Monty GLS 2WD averages 7.9kms/liter on same average speed.

Note: We already compared the difference between the MID and manual computation. The variance falls between +/- .1 to .2 kms/liter only.

We also went to Baguio a couple of months ago. From Pasig to Baguio(via Nlex/Sctex/Tplex), my Fuel Consumption was 13kms/liter with the Econ button off. It was higher going down from Baguio where I averaged 14.5kms/liter.

So, against the X-Trail? I kinda won't consider a Nissan, specially with the numerous problems my parents had with their Y61 Patrol with local dealers here. Plus the base Xtrail is as bare as it can be.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post
    Being an owner of the current-gen CRV, I am pretty happy with my purchase and I don't have any regrets owning it.

I bought my CRV around the same time last year. Compared this to the RAV4 base, Forester base, XV Premium and the CX5 2.0 2WD. Feature by feature, it beats them all. Mine is the Modulo CRV. It has rear AC vents, Cruise Control, LCD/MID, Tonneau cover(not all CUVs or dealers have this for free), One-touch fold for rear seats, my dealer also threw in free parking sensors and a 3M tint, Best interior space(leg, shoulder and cargo space) plus many more.

Fuel consumption too is much better than the previous CRV generations. I can get 8.6kms/liter * 22kph average speed(moderate traffic). In comparison, my Monty GLS 2WD averages 7.9kms/liter on same average speed.

Note: We already compared the difference between the MID and manual computation. The variance falls between +/- .1 to .2 kms/liter only.

We also went to Baguio a couple of months ago. From Pasig to Baguio(via Nlex/Sctex/Tplex), my Fuel Consumption was 13kms/liter with the Econ button off. It was higher going down from Baguio where I averaged 14.5kms/liter.

So, against the X-Trail? I kinda won't consider a Nissan, specially with the numerous problems my parents had with their Y61 Patrol with local dealers here. Plus the base Xtrail is as bare as it can be.
    Thank you guys sa feedback!

Concern lang sa CRV is, may lalabas na bang new generation?

Yung current generation what year nag start?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sientobente View Post

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    2012 lumabas ang current generation ng CRV.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dhisky View Post

Kaka facelift lang sir ng CRV this year. So probably it will run for another 1 to 3 years from now. And knowing na mabagal ang release ng new models dito sa Pinas, it might take even longer for the new gen to come in. Ang minamadali palitan ng Honda ngayon is yung matumal na FB Civic nila where photos are circulating around the net. The plan as I read before by Honda, the 5th-gen CRV will be larger and will seat 7 comfortably. Probably to separate itself from the HRV, BRV and Mobilio.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Xtrail owner here. So far no issues but it's only 5k km. Each has its pros and cons. Pros for CRV are higher ride position and better seat support. The 3rd gen Xtrail has lower seating position already which is a con for me. Reliability wise, Xtrail for me as our 2 CRV have broken SRS sensors for no reason at all and Honda wants us to pay P30k for the sensor each! I owned the 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Xtrail and never had any major issues.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    parang kuba na ewan looks ng CRV :D

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Pluses for the CR-V:
    -2nd row one touch fold function via lever of the CR-V is much more convenient than the X-trail's 2nd row as you have to get on it to fold it.
    -boot is really flat and low because no 3rd row
    -better all around visibility

Pluses for the Xtrail are:
    -much better legroom front and rear
    -the cvt is much smoother than the somewhat jerky shifting of the CR-V's a/t.
    -a/c vents can be directed away from driver's hands unlike the CR-V vents that will hit your hands no matter what you do

Pluses for the CR-V:
    -2nd row one touch fold function via lever of the CR-V is much more convenient than the X-trail's 2nd row as you have to get on it to fold it.
    -boot is really flat and low because no 3rd row
    -better all around visibility

Pluses for the Xtrail are:
    -much better legroom front and rear
    -the cvt is much smoother than the somewhat jerky shifting of the CR-V's a/t.
    -a/c vents can be directed away from driver's hands unlike the CR-V vents that will hit your hands no matter what you do

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The 3rd seat row of the 2016 xtrail is virtually non-existent. It is just the boot getting lifted.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I like the looks of the new XTrail better than the CRV.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    X-Trail for me ;)

looks:
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

fc:
    i am not really particular in computing the fc but i can compare it with my previous car, a 2012 elantra 1.8 gls. they are almost the same in terms of consumption with the elantra maybe lasting half a day longer

ride xomfort:
    very comfortable even on long drives. 8 hour driving with traffic on the way to la union and after we arrived i did not feel tired and went to surfing lessons right away. the xtrail is loaded with ride enhancing technologies and they work as advertised.

reliability:
    i've only driven it for 6000km since november 2014, i had an experience with a knocking noise with the steering system. casa replaced the part and feels brand new again. aside from that the only thing i dont like is the aircon vents defaulting to open when you turn off the engine, you have to press the recirculate button to close the vents and prevent smoke from coming inside the cabin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123