New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    In essence, this would be the gist choosing between the 1st gen Montero Sport and a Fieldmaster Pajero, 2000 and up models?

Looks and design
    Seating capacity
    4x4 for the MS; 4x2 for the FM

In the 2nd-hand market, which makes a better buy?
    Need you inputs, please.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    personally i like 4x4 feature and i don't like more seats. so, it won't be hard decision for me.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    what would be your primary use of the SUV and where would you use it?
    in my opinion, having 4x4 here in Metro Manila is practically useless... i'd go for more seats.

BUT, choosing between FM and MS, MS gets my vote. parang bland for me ang FM e.. though, i have not driven a FM yet, laging passenger lang, the MS has good handling and easy to drive.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    if I did, wouldn't it be called an MPV?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    It seems your budget is around 700+ php.

In that money, you can get decent BNEW MPV's already. They're right, 4WD's are useless in the city but then if you have a farm, 4WD's can be essential. In water fordings or floods, a higher intake placement means better fording capability. Stock Pajero's and Monty Sport can take 500mm depth despite being 4WD or not.

Both SUV's have the same 4M40 engines, the FM seats 9, the Montero Sport seats 5. Both sits on ladder frame so basically they're just the same.

To meet both, a 1999 Pajero FM can be found with a 4WD feature.
    iam3739.com

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    having more seats means more riders

having more wheels operating means more parts to wear out and to maintain

personally, i dont care at all.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If you want to go for versatility, go for the Montero. It is a capable 4x4. If you want comfort, go for the Pajero Fieldmaster. It only came in 4X2 since 1997. But it features adjustable dampers which would enable you adjust the ride quality.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by FWC View Post
    If you want to go for versatility, go for the Montero. It is a capable 4x4. If you want comfort, go for the Pajero Fieldmaster. It only came in 4X2 since 1997. But it features adjustable dampers which would enable you adjust the ride quality.
    Pajero Field Master still had 4x4 models up to 1999.

Would you trade 4x4 capability for more seats?