New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jru120 View Post
    Hello guys! just like to hear your opinion if you would change your Pajero Field Master 4x4 manual for a 2002 Land Rover Freelander 1 AWD manual?

TIA
    Get the Rover and I'll buy your Pajero!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'd keep the Paj instead. Maybe if was a discovery thenI'll think long and hard about it..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jru120 View Post
    Hello guys! just like to hear your opinion if you would change your Pajero Field Master 4x4 manual for a 2002 Land Rover Freelander 1 AWD manual?

TIA
    Keep you Pajero FM and your sanity.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For a Freelander, nope.

But for a Discovery 1, yeah sure why not...

Pero pinaka-crush ko pa rin yung Defender... Would exchange everything, even my left testicle to have one..

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    The Freelander was my car before in Sydney and I wouldn't recommend it and was always at the dealer to have it fixed. Problems (recurring)

1. Electrical, there was always problem with the electrical system and many of the components would always not work
    2. Transmission and drivetrain at one point it lost its 4x4 system and just became a 4x2
    3. A/C

In the end, just traded it in and replaced it with another brand. These 90's to early 2000 Land/Range Rovers are really unreliable except the Defender.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it were a Defender, you would have the off-roadability and space to justify the maintenance.

A Freelander 1 is just a crossover. A crossover with good off-road credentials, but you can get nearly the same off-road performance with better on-road performance and easier maintenance with a Subaru Forester.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thank you for your opinion guys. since majority is no, di ko muna papalitan ang pajero fm ko. kaya lang naman ako na "tempt" kasi diesel din kasi yung freelander 1.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    I'd keep the Paj instead. Maybe if was a discovery thenI'll think long and hard about it..
    sure sir! 600k lang. nasa visayas lang nga ako.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    sure sir! 600k lang. nasa visayas lang nga ako.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hehehe~ Kung ako, keep the Pajero parin. If you want a compact SUV with nice off roading capabilities and decent performance, consider the 4x4 variants of the Suzuki Grand Vitara, Ford Escape, or Subaru Forester (turbocharged to fully appreciate it ). These three are known to actually be rather capable off road.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12