New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I prefer the Carnival over the Previa. SWB variant length is pretty much the same as the Previa, costs about half as much and with better fuel efficiency. This one's made with the American market in mind, so safety, space and ride comfort is a given.

But then both of these wouldn't have much cargo space left with all the seats up if you load the wheelchairs, so we return to the LWB Carnival. The LWB Carnival is 32cm longer than the SWB. Though significant statistically speaking, but really not much to be too much of a trouble in manuevering, especially if you invest in proximity sensors fore and aft and a backup camera.

Its not really that much of a hard task driving large minivans, considering that many American moms drive these on a daily basis. Minivans were first and foremost designed for "soccer moms"!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Its not really that much of a hard task driving large minivans, considering that many American moms drive these on a daily basis. Minivans were first and foremost designed for "soccer moms"!
    There's just more room to move where minivans were invented.

But yeah, i would think my Mom could adapt if she wanted to. She was earlier contemplating a Fortuner to replace either her Altis or Tribute, and though a Fortuner is no LC in size, it's still a size bracket up. Either she adapts, or there's going to be another Carnival parked in their garage. Hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    The only hard thing to do with the American style minivans is backing up. its just long. Easy solution is to get a backing sensor or camera if its not equipped with it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    The only hard thing to do with the American style minivans is backing up. its just long. Easy solution is to get a backing sensor or camera if its not equipped with it.
    Long and wide actually. At least tall is not part of the equation, unlike with the Grand Starex.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    There's just more room to move where minivans were invented.
    That's the big issue with vans like the Carnival and Odyssey. Yes, you can adapt, but driving on a road like EDSA or Quezon Ave, you're always distinctly aware of how close the buses on both sides of you are. Then there are the roads where neither of these vans will fit side by side with oncoming traffic.

You can get used to it, however. And both are pretty car-like to drive, otherwise.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    That's the big issue with vans like the Carnival and Odyssey. Yes, you can adapt, but driving on a road like EDSA or Quezon Ave, you're always distinctly aware of how close the buses on both sides of you are. Then there are the roads where neither of these vans will fit side by side with oncoming traffic.

You can get used to it, however. And both are pretty car-like to drive, otherwise.
    My point exactly. You could get used to it, but at the end of the day, it's still wide.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. Feel free to share some more.

As for me, it seems the Previa is fit for my Mom's purpose -- assuming the wheelchairs can fit with all the seats up. It's the price that isn't right and that's likewise a major consideration that will be mentioned to her. For more space requirements, there's our Grand Starex and Carnival LWB. If those wheelchairs don't fit, then there's another topic altogether.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Let your mom drive first a E150 and Super Grandia before she tests the Carnival. :D

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    How about you change to super slim folding wheelchairs? yung ang gulong parang pang luggage lang. Will that work?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Let your mom drive first a E150 and Super Grandia before she tests the Carnival. :D
    Hahaha good thinking!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Hahaha good thinking!
    Wahaha! Panalo sa suggestion.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234