New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Aside from the car's engine and transmission, this will depend on the maintenance of that car. A 10 year old Civic with 10 year old filters that have never been cleaned or replaced and not following regular PMS could be easily smoked by a 15 year old regularly maintained AE101 Corolla. And if the cars are M/Ts, it will also depend on how the driver shifts gears. However, assuming that all of these were equally religiously maintained, and had equally skilled drivers, my vote goes to the Civic which has an additional 10hp compared to the others and a double wishbone suspension.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    I think you're talking about the Super Touring - a car I really admire despite not even having a chance to drive one...

On paper, it's something you would want besides the Mazdaspeed 323 and the baby altis...

the super touring has nothing special inside... it's basically a super saloon fitted with a better looking bumper, sideskirt and a spoiler.

the sentra super touring still looks faster though...

Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    C/D went to test the Sentra GXE (1.6L MT) some time in 1995 (i think C/D 7/95 issue, Series III in our market) it went 0-60mph in 8.5 seconds and did 1/4mile in 16.7 seconds.
    Civic EX coupe (EK in our market) 1.6L MT 127hp did an identical number in Road and Track magazine in 1995.
    Corolla DX (AE101 in our market) with 1.8L MT 113hp did 9.3 and 17.1 seconds.
    Mirage (lower end model Lancer though with 1.5L EFi not equivalent to local GLXi) was the slowest doing it in 10.plus seconds and approached 18s in the 1/4mile.
    - nice to hear this... but our series3 sentras here have the ga16dne engine.. which is 10hp less compared to the us sentras.
    - Though a well tuned sentra with basic Intake can still catch up with a vti with the same mod on marcos highway. assuming the driver knows how to control excessive body roll on the sentra...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    as always civic

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Sentra ako!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Civic for top speed. Its all about the horses...

Pero kung short sprint the darkhorse Corolla gets my vote. I like how Toyota emphasizes low revving torque...

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Civic for top speed. Its all about the horses...

Pero kung short sprint the darkhorse Corolla gets my vote. I like how Toyota emphasizes low revving torque...
    +1 yeah, corolla gets my vote due to its torque availability at low revs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    lancer for me. either a 4g92 or 4g18 can do the job. mas mababa ang max output but definitely healthy torque at 3000 to 4500 modem. also, it depends on the driver. Already seen 99 sentra (gts ata) and civic(SIR model) along edsa. though civic has the upper hand, mas magaling yung naka sentra in terms of handling the traffic. kita ko ito since nagddrive ako ng lancer. hehehe. nakakahabol naman ako, yun nga lang, wala ako sa mood sumali kaya nagobserve na lang ako.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345