New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Obviously, hindi naman realistic ang driving style nung naka 1400 kms in 1 tank eh. You take drastic measures to get the best results possible, like driving the downhill in neutral; sometimes with the engine off even. Eco runs are so not for the real world. It's just for the record. A normal driver in the same car won't be able to attain such figures, or even near them.

But if it were me, I'd take the 1.5 anytime. Its efficiency against the 1.3 is negligible depending on driving style, but certainly, it has the needed thrust. The 1.5 is 16-valve VTEC while the 1.3 is 8-valve i-DSI. Having 4 valves per cylinder is more complete.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Obviously, hindi naman realistic ang driving style nung naka 1400 kms in 1 tank eh. You take drastic measures to get the best results possible, like driving the downhill in neutral; sometimes with the engine off even. Eco runs are so not for the real world. It's just for the record. A normal driver in the same car won't be able to attain such figures, or even near them.

But if it were me, I'd take the 1.5 anytime. Its efficiency against the 1.3 is negligible depending on driving style, but certainly, it has the needed thrust. The 1.5 is 16-valve VTEC while the 1.3 is 8-valve i-DSI. Having 4 valves per cylinder is more complete.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post

well kanya kanyang opinion talaga he he he but you know Squala personnaly di ako convinced sa naka 1,400 but sa akin na lang un kung bakit
    Pero during the Ptron Xtra Mile i admit during downhills nag neutral mode ako to save more fuel but i dont recommend it sa normal driving risky kse lalo sa kurbada and No No No sa Engine Off please napaka delikado . And honestly i dont do that during eco runs
    Lam nyo mga sir kung gnawa ko cguro yan bka di lang 1,390 kms naabot ko wlang biro

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Yup. I said "who" because I know this would eventually refer to the driver and not car hehe! Anyway, I just saw a Honda City Premier Limited Edition that comes c/w spoiler, tail pipe finisher and fog lights. Comes in bluish silver and silverstone color only, priced at P674K. It looks good particularly the silverstone as it makes the city looks bigger and wider. It is available in 1.3 CVT only so I am inclined to to go and get this model. However, the stock radio still has no aux input unlike the jazz.

So based on above info, can we now conclude that the 1.3 CVT is the more fuel efficient than 1.5 CVT. I also wonder if Honda will release a honda city 2007 model since we are already in December 2006. I might as well wait a while and get the 2007 model already.

You guys any idea?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    city "premier" tail pipe finisher is soooooooooo UGLY!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    ei pde makisama sa usapang fuel efficient?

one time nagpakarga ako full tank sa abra, tapos pagdating sa metro manila, 400km at nasa half tank siya. that's around 20-25 L used for that trip. Eto ang matindi 16-20 km/L on a 2.0L Toyota Revo SR na AT pa! Di nga ako makapaniwala, pero all u need to do is to let it roll downhill, brace youself on every sharp curve (wag magbrake) at wag masyado mainit ulo sa pag-overtake ng mga trike. Madaling araw din ako nagdrive.

Our Revo does just 5-7 km/L in the city, making that trip's economy mind boggling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Who is more fuel efficient?