New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi guys! Please help me on this. I know most of you guys know more about cars...I have 160K to 210K budget for a 2nd hand car. But I dont know which car should I buy.My choices are GLXI,ESI,GSR or VTI...I dont know much about the specs of the car; since this will be my first car. Which do you think is the best to buy for this budget? I just want a car that will last long & which is better i set up

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by -=botchok=- View Post
    Hi guys! Please help me on this. I know most of you guys know more about cars...I have 160K to 210K budget for a 2nd hand car. But I dont know which car should I buy.My choices are GLXI,ESI,GSR or VTI...I dont know much about the specs of the car; since this will be my first car. Which do you think is the best to buy for this budget? I just want a car that will last long & which is better i set up
    I think 210K will be enough for a 1996 Honda Civic VTi that is still in good condition. I had one before and experienced no major problems with it. It is a very reliable car. Power is adequate for normal driving. Maintenance cost is not that expensive and parts are easy to find (there are also lots of blings available in the market). Driving position is good and the ride is spacious and comfortable. Another plus is the good resale value of the Civic. It will be worth considering it for your first car.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I'd also go for the Vti...just be careful when shopping for one especially it's more than 10 plus years of use...It maybe old but it's look and performance is very satisfying. Good luck.

basta DONT GET A MATIC! oh well kung makulit ka, sige......pera mo nalang yan.

ako i vote for either "love-life"(98-01) corolla, best if you could find the limited edition XE version---GLi spec na 1.3L

or get a sentra... 1.4EX series 3, gen1 body.. i know that a much better equipped 1.6L supersaloon easily fits your budget... if you opt for a 1.6L, i suggest hunt for the series 2(92-94) with "SE_saloon" badge. kasi of all the 1.6, of its time, eto lang may ABS, 4wheel disc brakes, powerfold mirrors...di totoong pangit ang nissan, its a hype ng mga matatnda....ako nga 20 taon na maxima ko di ko mapalitan kasi ang hirap hanapan ng qualified replacement and the fact that: "monthly maintenance" > market value

well kung budget concious ka, practical and you dont value that "brand thing"--- a 1997-2004 model KIA PRIDE 1.3L GTX.... ok na ok na to.. GTX have power pillar antenna,front power windows, and an interior space that defies the outside perception of the space inside (maluwag siya for its size-- i know, i could fit more stuffs sa kia pride ng mom ko than my maxima!) at maganda nito, mapa-korean- or japanese(yes, japanese--80-90% are mazda 323 parts!) replacement parts ka, original yan pareho... tapos sama mo na ang fact na "every mechanic can fix your car" aba ok na ok na yun...

another good alternative if your a "smart budget concious buyer of a used vehicle" (wherein nga you dont look at the brand) is the proton wira 1.6L XLi aeroback! basically, 90% of the wira is a lancer itlog(1992-95?) for short, parts are actually available too! engines upgrades parts and accessories are wide...and you can too convert it to look like a lancer, and nobody will know its a wira(tayo-tayo lang) hehehe

well eto akin lang... bakit di ko sinama sa taas ang honda... well.... for me ha, mas ok ang 1992-94 na EG than sa newer EK(94-98/99?)...pero what im saying the running cost of those i mentioned aboved are way cheaper than the honda... pero if you like to play "dress-up" and you cant drive a car because it will have a "mariana trench"-deep resale value....mag honda ka nalang. because what i mentioned above have less dress-up parts than your typical EG-honda. get the rediculously-priced local EG-hatch and you can still sell it as high as you bought it even after,1-2 years or more?
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; January 11th, 2009 at 08:59 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by -=botchok=- View Post
    a VTi would be nice, or a corolla GLi lovelife.
    i am also thinking of selling my car, baka gusto mo. hehehehe. pasok sa budget mo. PM mo ako kung interested ka.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not go for a Civic Hatchback?

For that budget, you could buy a fully setup unit already. Nice mags, stereo, lowered, etc.

My concern is the maintenance of these cars. But I guess by making them look pogi, they do take care of their cars pretty good.

What's the best 2nd hand car to buy for 160K to 210K budget?