New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^Having mentioned the Strada/Montero's abrupt power delivery, has there been any change in terms of throttle response and turbo lag in the new model?

Considering the Ranger's woes, it's a wonder why people aren't up in arms yet like they did with the PAIT issue.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Sir about the fort, let me share you what i can say about it (2.5 non vnt diesel). Yes it's still 4 speed a/t but still it can reach 100 km/hr (i don't over speed) easily even when loaded. We've experienced driving through a long road (severely damaged by maynilad pipe laying) with 7 people and different stuff on board but didn't have any problem. This vehicle is simple, no lots of techies that may cause headache someday and yes it's old and the new model is coming soon but i think it's still a good buy for 2nd hand.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    * Niky: I'm really stuck. Just got word that my boss is selling his Monty, unsure what year, but certainly a 4x2. I could live with it, but only on maintenance. Seems he is willing to let it go for far below market price, so depending on maintenance, I may bite. This seems to be the best hedge, as I certainly won't feel bad about the forthcoming Monty/Fort/Everest eclipsing the 2015 offerings. Plus, I can wait for the models to mature and the kinks ironed out -- perhaps a face-lift later.

*yebo: you are quite right. This seems the rational choice and the planets seem to align in that direction.
    Re the Navarra, will this be separate from the Pathfinder, which as I understand is now more crossover than SUV?
    Terrible situation though with your BT-50. Why isn't it covered under the lemon law?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by van lover View Post
    Sir about the fort, let me share you what i can say about it (2.5 non vnt diesel). Yes it's still 4 speed a/t but still it can reach 100 km/hr (i don't over speed) easily even when loaded. We've experienced driving through a long road (severely damaged by maynilad pipe laying) with 7 people and different stuff on board but didn't have any problem. This vehicle is simple, no lots of techies that may cause headache someday and yes it's old and the new model is coming soon but i think it's still a good buy for 2nd hand.
    IF second hand, yes, I think it's fine, though 2-3 y.o. model still command prices near ₱1m. I may find my future self feeling terrible about coughing ip that much for a dinosaur*.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    There are Bank repossessed cars that have very low milage and are only a year old or less that go for as much as 25% less than its fair market value. I got a car last year for about 40% less than its FMV and the unit was just less than 1400 Kms on the ODO. The car was about 15 months old when I got it but it was almost fresh as the day it left the dealership. The best part was I got to purchase it thru the same bank's financing program for repo's. Now I get to enjoy the car with trickle payments and I get to plan my next buy with the forthcoming models w/o remorse. :naughty2:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperQuest View Post
    * Niky: I'm really stuck. Just got word that my boss is selling his Monty, unsure what year, but certainly a 4x2. I could live with it, but only on maintenance. Seems he is willing to let it go for far below market price, so depending on maintenance, I may bite. This seems to be the best hedge, as I certainly won't feel bad about the forthcoming Monty/Fort/Everest eclipsing the 2015 offerings. Plus, I can wait for the models to mature and the kinks ironed out -- perhaps a face-lift later.

*yebo: you are quite right. This seems the rational choice and the planets seem to align in that direction.
    Re the Navarra, will this be separate from the Pathfinder, which as I understand is now more crossover than SUV?
    Terrible situation though with your BT-50. Why isn't it covered under the lemon law?
    I heard about that news and from what I read, it is different than the new Pathfinder. But it's still not sure and may not even be released at all. But I hope they pursue that project as it is a big segment in Asia.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012

ano mileage ng montero ng boss mo? lots of diesel experts on the montero...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    70k on the odo sir... It's tempting but think he might only let it go for around 800k. Tapos it's a 2010 model.

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    ano mileage ng montero ng boss mo? lots of diesel experts on the montero...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    70k on the odo sir... It's tempting but think he might only let it go for around 800k. Tapos it's a 2010 model.
    forget it. at that price you can get a low mileage 2012/2013 ford Everest

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    70tkms is quite high for a 2010 model car. Unless he's gonna sell it for cheaper than that and you are sure about the excellent condition of the vehicle, I suggest you look elsewhere.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast