New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Tama. For the subcompact segment it's really battle of the Mirage, Picanto, Spark, Celerio and i10. I SERIOUSLY wanted to buy a Mirage, I really like its exterior design, fuel efficiency, price, plus it's very spacious inside. Hindi sya mukhang maliit. Unfortunately, I was not able to reserve before Oct 31 (Nov na ako nakapag pareserve) kaya malabo ako magkaroon ng mirage...sobrang haba ng pila, next year na yung mga nasa dulo like me. Sa sobrang gusto ko, I even paid reservation sa dalawang dealer, hoping na isa man lang sa kanila makapag deliver this year. But Alas! Olats silang dalawa! And since I really needed a car coz I sold my old Lynx already, I refunded my reservation sa dalawang dealers and went for my second choice - Chevrolet Spark. I got it last week and so far i'm happy with my decision. So Merry Christmas parin!

- - - Updated - - -

Tama. For the subcompact segment it's really battle of the Mirage, Picanto, Spark, Celerio and i10. I SERIOUSLY wanted to buy a Mirage, I really like its exterior design, fuel efficiency, price, plus it's very spacious inside. Hindi sya mukhang maliit. Unfortunately, I was not able to reserve before Oct 31 (Nov na ako nakapag pareserve) kaya malabo ako magkaroon ng mirage...sobrang haba ng pila, next year na yung mga nasa dulo like me. Sa sobrang gusto ko, I even paid reservation sa dalawang dealer, hoping na isa man lang sa kanila makapag deliver this year. But Alas! Olats silang dalawa! And since I really needed a car coz I sold my old Lynx already, I refunded my reservation sa dalawang dealers and went for my second choice - Chevrolet Spark. I got it last week and so far i'm happy with my decision. So Merry Christmas parin!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Stieg View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the spark club! good decision.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Kung fuel efficiency ang labanan wala pa ring tatalo sa Eon

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Depends on what you want in a car.

Example, if you want versatility in utility, you cannot beat the Avanza. It has a small fuel efficient engine and can carry 5 passengers and a lot of space for cargo.

Some cars are just a poor choice if fuel economy is near the top of your requirements list. Take the Ford Fiesta, although you can get over 10km/L in this car, it takes a lot of concentration in your driving.

The Mitsu Mirage is a great option, because its very affordable and the top of the line models comes with much more than any of the other cars on the list. Example is the touchscreen DVD headunit with GPS navigation... no other car in this category has this. And the other goodies aren't bad either like the 15 inch alloy wheels, leather covered steering wheel, keyless entry, and push button start-stop.

The car itself feels nice to drive, although I would have preferred to have a longer test drive than the drive around the block at the Mirage launch weekend. Great all around vision. The interior is quite spacious, more than I expected especially in the seating width for a car for this category.

Although I am not buying a car this Christmas season... I am seriously considering to get a Mirage GLS in 2013 to replace my aging AE111.
    Di na rin siguro aabot na Christmas gift sa haba ng pila kaya 2013 na yung Mirage ni misis. From Gen1 CRV to Mitsu Mirage.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    You may want to check on HYUNDAI EON also.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    The mirage with it's 3 cylinder engine is geared towards the fuel efficient almost Kei car category that seems to be gaining popularity with more and more brands pitching in their contributions to the category. Well all these choices will benefit the consumer and I want everybody to know that there is tool that can help you find the best car that suites your need and lifestyle on"."myperfectcar"."com"."ph

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    This is exactly thread am looking for. I want to gift myself a car this Christmas as this is also the best time with great deals from various dealers.
    Here are my choices:
    1. Mitsu Mirage M/T GLS - This is a long shot as I have not reserved a unit yet. My fear is if I reserve now and end up not liking the service of the dealer, I end up with a headache in refunding the money plus a lot of wasted time. The question is, when would the volume normalize? If time is of the essence, I don't think this would be the best choice.

2. Toyota Vios Limited J / G - The best car in this category. The only thing going against this choice are the bells and whistles that the Mirage brings in the price range. If I cannot get a car by End of April 2013, I think I'd be going for this car or it's predecessor.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by malcoxx View Post
    This is exactly thread am looking for. I want to gift myself a car this Christmas as this is also the best time with great deals from various dealers.
    Here are my choices:
    1. Mitsu Mirage M/T GLS - This is a long shot as I have not reserved a unit yet. My fear is if I reserve now and end up not liking the service of the dealer, I end up with a headache in refunding the money plus a lot of wasted time. The question is, when would the volume normalize? If time is of the essence, I don't think this would be the best choice.

2. Toyota Vios Limited J / G - The best car in this category. The only thing going against this choice are the bells and whistles that the Mirage brings in the price range. If I cannot get a car by End of April 2013, I think I'd be going for this car or it's predecessor.
    april 2013 is a long way. 5 months from now. siguro naman normalize na ang mirage. but if you can't wait, better choice ang vios

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Mitsu Mirage GLS CVT sana for my daughter. The car is excellent for students... loaded with lots o' goodies
    and not too thirsty. With my early reservation, I'll surely get a unit before Christmas. But this car, as tested
    by my daughters in MOA, won't be comfy filled with riders with heights ranging from 5'6" to 6'.
    Yes, her next choice is a wise one too. The Avanza 1.5G A/T. Very versatile alright, but also very thirsty.
    Problem is, the color of her choice is not available right now. Well, she did say that her Christmas can wait...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    mga sirs, question po.
    Im planning to get the vios, either J limited or yung 1.3G.
    Worried lang ako kse baka 2013 eh mag labas na ng all new.
    Ilang years na rin kse ung 2nd gen.
    Should I wait for the next gen?

Salamat!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123