New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    FYI, according to the FB Facebook page, if you are qualified for driving an A/T transmission, you are not qualified to drive a manual. It is in the restrictions. Dagdag kaalaman lang tsikoteers. I am not saying you should not, but just good to know this fact
    well, if the act carries with it a potential citation and fine, then "we should not".
    my guess is, the limitation is there for safety considerations. his as well as ours.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    FWD cars nowadays, whether a/t or m/t, are not really that fun to drive & may even be downright dangerous on slippery roads. FWD cars suffer from “understeer” when driven too fast on a slippery corner. RWD cars, on the other hand, tend to “oversteer” but is more controllable by a skilled driver and adds to the fun factor. In my youth, the family had a Dodge Colt 1.6 rear wheel driven. During summers, Makati would pour sand on the asphalt roads to keep the asphalt from melting. Everyday, when I would bring & fetch my Mom, I would play around, oversteer & drift the car around sweeping corners. My mom was oblivious to this but once asked me “O, bakit tabingi tayo?”

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    FWD cars nowadays, whether a/t or m/t, are not really that fun to drive & may even be downright dangerous on slippery roads. FWD cars suffer from “understeer” when driven too fast on a slippery corner. RWD cars, on the other hand, tend to “oversteer” but is more controllable by a skilled driver and adds to the fun factor. In my youth, the family had a Dodge Colt 1.6 rear wheel driven. During summers, Makati would pour sand on the asphalt roads to keep the asphalt from melting. Everyday, when I would bring & fetch my Mom, I would play around, oversteer & drift the car around sweeping corners. My mom was oblivious to this but once asked me “O, bakit tabingi tayo?”
    There are some FWD cars that have proven to be fun to drive or very good handlers. These cars have proven themselves among common motorists and enthusiasts.

Ford Fiesta, Focus
    Honda Civic, Accord
    Mazda3, Mazda6
    VW Golf, VW Passat
    Audi A3
    Acura TLX
    Fiat 500
    Mini Cooper

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if it ain't fun enough, you but have to step on the gas harder.
    some like it, others do not.
    AT versus MT has always been a personal choice.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    FYI, according to the FB Facebook page, if you are qualified for driving an A/T transmission, you are not qualified to drive a manual. It is in the restrictions. Dagdag kaalaman lang tsikoteers. I am not saying you should not, but just good to know this fact
    Ignorance has its costs. Back when we were planning to buy our 1st AT, we thought our "Manual" DLwe had to have that AT restriction and it was timely then that a fixer was visiting our office. Well you all know what happened next. The fixer took our money and together with her cohorts in a faraway LTO office, made us take a written exam with answers provided.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014

Totally Agree for that Sir bloowolf..

Either FWD/RWD/AWD/4WD(fulltime)

kahit anong sasakyan at transmission..

Sobra-sobra ang safety features ng ABS/EBD/Stability-Traction Control..

"murphy's law" ang kalalabasan...

Negligence at Irresponsible... dyan at dyan talaga papasok ang matinding problema..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    During summers, Makati would pour sand on the asphalt roads to keep the asphalt from melting.:
    so that is why some asphalted streets of makati looked like that, many years ago...! parang dinaanan ng dump truck na tinatagasan ng buhangin...
    ngayon ko lang nalaman...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?