New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try checking Toyota Innova J.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Napaisip tuloy ako kung manual o matic what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Wabapetz31 View Post
    Napaisip tuloy ako kung manual o matic what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
    AT is more convenient to drive, especially in traffick-y situations, but it comes at a price.
    MT is cheaper and easier to acquire and to maintain.
    AT uses more fuel.
    if one peruses the AT versus MT thread here, the bottomline is...
    it's always a personal choice.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 14th, 2018 at 08:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    AT is more convenient to drive, especially in traffick-y situations, but it comes at a price.
    MT is cheaper and easier to acquire and to maintain.
    AT uses more fuel.
    if one peruses the AT versus MT thread here, the bottomline is...
    it's always a personal choice.
    AT uses less fuel. All modern automatics will beat their manual counterparts in fuel consumption.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk Pro

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    AT uses less fuel. All modern automatics will beat their manual counterparts in fuel consumption.

my personal experience says otherwise.
    i have AT and MT of the same car to compare against.
    the AT consistently does 15-20% less km/li.
    much of my driving is in the city.

perhaps your statement's basis is on largely highway driving, where my MT does 2200-2300 rpm at 80 kph, while my AT does the 80 at 1900 rpm.
    it would appear, whatever AT savings i get in the highway, are easily gobbled up when i hit the city.
    Last edited by dr. d; December 14th, 2018 at 09:57 AM.

6. Join Date
    May 2018
    Cars with manual transmissions are cheaper than their AT counterpart models.
    Note: I'm talking about sales price at the dealer.

===
    I don't agree with the AT transmissions being more convenient to use on our congested roads.
    Nangangalay din ako kakatapak sa brake pag traffic...

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

===
    I don't agree with the AT transmissions being more convenient to use on our congested roads.
    Just shift to Neutral and engage the hand brake so you won't be stepping on the brakes when stuck in traffic.

Nowadays, the manual option is the base model and lacks most of the features of the AT model. Rarely can you find an MT car with the same features as the AT model with the exception of the WRX, BRZ/86, and MX5.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005

perhaps your statement's basis is on largely highway driving, where my MT does 2200-2300 rpm at 80 kph, while my AT does the 80 at 1900 rpm.
    it would appear, whatever AT savings i get in the highway, are easily gobbled up when i hit the city.
    agree with you doc. on lesser traffic and conservative way of tapak, the a/t is really much fuel efficient because the shifting is precise and it can reach the highest gear with ease. kaya nga it pays to have comfort. also if walang reklamo with maint costs then full a/t is the way to go. kung meron nga lang auto pilot e

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008

Doc, for the older AT's with 4-6 ratios maybe yes. But the newer AT's with 7-10 ratios are definitely more efficient than MT's which have 5-6 ratios.

My CR-V is a 9AT, weighs 1.6xx tons and does 10 Km/L in heavy traffic (13 Km/h average). A manual with the same number of ratios will probably beat its FC but MT's these days are still stuck at 5-6 ratios. Maybe coz nobody really wants to go through so many ratios manually in traffic hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SoleusBB View Post

===
    Bro, some AT models like the CR-V have a brake hold function that holds the brake for you in standstill traffic. You can literally put your feet down. The top tier model even has a low speed follow function that will allow the car to creep behind the car in front, keeping a safe distance in between.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

what about modern manual cars? they don't get upgraded like their automatic counterparts?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?