New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    Marami akong napapansing manual na over rev at low speed, backing, inclined.. Then, I wonder kung paano mas "fuel efficient" ang manual vs. a/t?
    kung hindi alam ng driver paano i-optimize ang advantage ng M/T for fuel-economy, wala talaga difference.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Just how much is the difference between a manual and automatic in terms of FC? Given the exact car model.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Just how much is the difference between a manual and automatic in terms of FC? Given the exact car model.
    Nice read: Transmission Efficiencies. MT, Auto, CVT. - Fuel Economy, Hypermiling, EcoModding News and Forum - EcoModder.com

According to that post MTs are still the most efficient HOWEVER most of them are geared for acceleration and not efficiency. MTs also rev higher at highway speeds compared to ATs/CVTs. The CVT can pick the most efficient engine speed for a given load every time. Modern ATs with early torque converter lockups also negate the sliding clutch feeling of old ATs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    The even thriftier MY'14 Hyundai Accent HB 6AT (updated from old 4AT) is 968K. The old Hyundai Accent HB 4AT is available (although til supplies lasts) at 868K.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    accent hb a/t 4 speed user here. before we're planning to get the m/t as well, but then sir niky mentioned before that the a/t is close to the efficiency of the m/t so we chose the a/t. ganda ng a/t niya kasi pag traffic d ka napapagod, and since it's diesel with VGT di siya mahirap i overtake sa traffic if needed, anjan agad yung power niya. for my fc, driving the a/t hb smoothly yields me 5.5L-6L/100kms, pag speedy gonzales mode namn i could muster 6.5L-7L/100kms, not bad i think, lalo na diesel siya.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by spitshine View Post
    accent hb a/t 4 speed user here. before we're planning to get the m/t as well, but then sir niky mentioned before that the a/t is close to the efficiency of the m/t so we chose the a/t. ganda ng a/t niya kasi pag traffic d ka napapagod, and since it's diesel with VGT di siya mahirap i overtake sa traffic if needed, anjan agad yung power niya. for my fc, driving the a/t hb smoothly yields me 5.5L-6L/100kms, pag speedy gonzales mode namn i could muster 6.5L-7L/100kms, not bad i think, lalo na diesel siya.
    That's very good FC figures sir!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    M/T.....(Ang sarap yatang mag-kambyo ng magkambyo)....
    OT:

Have you tried driving an 18 speed (hi/low) IH tractor head? 4th gear ang standing start.

BTT:

For city driving (majority) and the odd out of towner trip ... get an automatic.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Pero, loves ko pa rin ang aking one and only,- M/T.....(Ang sarap yatang mag-kambyo ng magkambyo)....

22.3K:waltz1:
    Boss CVT masarap nga "kumambyo" pero mas masarap pag free ang right hand mo! Dahil A/T Hahaha

Imagine lalo na kung bagong sweethearts pa lang kayo, holding hands while driving for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Malamig ang panahon. Kelangan magpainit ng kamay baka mag-cramps :naughty2:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Boss CVT masarap nga "kumambyo" pero mas masarap pag free ang right hand mo! Dahil A/T Hahaha

Imagine lalo na kung bagong sweethearts pa lang kayo, holding hands while driving for starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holding hands daw o. siya nakahawak sa arm mo, ikaw yung kamay mo naka-ipit sa legs!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?