New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    We are planning on buying a new vehicle and we are choosing between the Hyundai Accent hatchback and the Chevrolet Spin because these two vehicles are the most fuel efficient from what we have known so far and these two are just right on our budget (less than 900k)

My friend suggested me not to buy an automatic transmission as buying either one of the two vehicles I mentioned for fuel efficiency purposes will be defeated but I am still wondering if there is really an automatic transmission vehicle that comes near to the fuel efficiency of a manual transmission vehicle?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Since accent hb is diesel, oks din ang automatic.

Imho, manual or matic maliit lang ang FC difference pero malaki sa comfort. Preference mo na lang yan Sir.

Ako kasi mas prefer ko manual para tantsang tantsa ko limit ng kotse ko. I am using 1.3MT vios.

Nga pala between the two i will go for accent.

But if you want other brand and fuel efficiency ang hanap mo you can opt for mirage, jazz and of course vios. All AT which can give you good FC as well.

You may also read good feedback sa accent sectiom dito sa tsikot. Ang problema lang ata is ung HARI warranty claims and services nila sobrang mahal at very strict sila sa monthly rather than the kilometer reading.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If majority of your drive will be city driving i'll go with A/T. As brainmafia said mas matipid ang M/T still hindi naman ganun kalaki difference. Sa traffic mas comfortable and hindi ka pagod.

Im not a fan of stick shifts anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ Agree to that. All my cars are m/t and indeed it is tiring in Manila traffic after a long day at the office.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I'd go with A/T if it meant to be driven in Manila traffic, nothing beats comfort.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Get one with a CVT automatic transmission, this will be as efficient or almost as efficient as a manual transmission. Mitsubishi Mirage and Subaru Forester are some of the cars that have CVT.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Battousai1 View Post
    We are planning on buying a new vehicle and we are choosing between the Hyundai Accent hatchback and the Chevrolet Spin because these two vehicles are the most fuel efficient from what we have known so far and these two are just right on our budget (less than 900k)

My friend suggested me not to buy an automatic transmission as buying either one of the two vehicles I mentioned for fuel efficiency purposes will be defeated but I am still wondering if there is really an automatic transmission vehicle that comes near to the fuel efficiency of a manual transmission vehicle?

This time a/t wins for normal driving especially in the city.
    Marami akong napapansing manual na over rev at low speed, backing, inclined.. Then, I wonder kung paano mas "fuel efficient" ang manual vs. a/t?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Get one with a CVT automatic transmission, this will be as efficient or almost as efficient as a manual transmission. Mitsubishi Mirage and Subaru Forester are some of the cars that have CVT.
    I agree, seems like the Mirage CVT is fit for the needs of TS.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Get an A/T....

Pero, loves ko pa rin ang aking one and only,- M/T.....(Ang sarap yatang mag-kambyo ng magkambyo)....

22.3K:waltz1:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    ^^ +1 Nakaka-miss ang MT lalo na kung puro kurbada ang kalsada at walang kalaban. Otherwise I'd get the AT.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
what should we buy automatic or manual transmission for fuel efficiency and comfort?