New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    This is a Sport+ model with the 1.0L 3-cylinder Ecoboost (turbo) engine. I would say it's a good deal for its price as it was sold for 898k back in 2014. The Ecoboost model was available locally on the 2nd quarter of 2014.

Just make sure there is a complete service record and ask the owner how he drives it. Also, ask the owner if he has some issues with the DCT tranny (severe jerking, stalling).
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I wouldn't risk it with an old Fiesta, not worth it if it isn't the turbo.

I'd rather look for another Jazz, preferably 1.5 (same FC, much more power).
    Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Aaargh! Kaya ang hirap talaga humanap pag di mo kabisado mga variants for each brand/model year. Balik na lang yata ako sa Altis 1.6V 2011-2012 since yun ang familiar ako.

But at least I like this one, which is why I'm looking at subcompacts:

I also drive a 2014 Fiesta Ecoboost and I have logged round 43k+ on it already. So far, I'm happy with it. It's one fast and responsive car, feels like a daily go-kart.

Take note though that the fuel consumption is more like a car with a 1.6L NA engine on city routes though it can very fuel efficient on the highway (15-20 km/L).

NYAY!!! Lower FC pa naman is what one would expect from these subcompacts.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *gearhead000 -

During days with medium traffic, the Fiesta Ecoboost can do around 9-10 km/L in city routes. On even lighter traffic conditions, it is even better. However, if you are stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic daily, you might be doing only 7-8 km/L. On the highway while travelling between 80-90 kmh, you can do 18-20 km/L. If travelling between 100-120 kmh (with short bursts up to 160-180 kmh), I average around 15 km/L.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    Aaargh! Kaya ang hirap talaga humanap pag di mo kabisado mga variants for each brand/model year. Balik na lang yata ako sa Altis 1.6V 2011-2012 since yun ang familiar ako.

But at least I like this one, which is why I'm looking at subcompacts:
    Not the Altis 10th gen, boring. I'd suggest the Altis if it's your only car and you're not into spirited driving. For a fun second car, Jazz nalang. Just as fast as the Fiesta (less drama though since no boost) but with better reliability, parts availability, and space.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    ^^^The Fiesta Ecoboost is quicker than the Jazz to triple digit speeds though top speed maybe about the same. The acceleration of Fiesta Ecoboost is more like cars with 2.0L NA engines due to its ample torque at low rpms plus overboost (20% more torque) at 5k rpm. You need to push hard the gas pedal to have the Jazz"s engine reach 4K+ to reach its peak torque. Honda's steering for its small cars feels a bit numb. The Jazz though is bigger inside than the Fiesta and it is more fuel efficient. Maintenance for Honda"s 1.5L engine is cheaper unlike the Fiesta's 1.0L turbo engine which requires 5L of low viscosity synthetic oil.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Thank you, mga Sir/s.

I've learned a lot just from the three posts or so regarding my inquiry.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    IMO, I would try to Buy a second hand Fortuner or Montero Sports. Reliable yang dalawa na yan. Year 2005 to 2006 may presyong 500-600k na ganyan na.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Best deal, get a secondhand second-generation Jazz... 1.5 or 1.3 five-speed automatic... more durable than the first gen CVT. Only major maintenance concern is the electric power steering, but since she will simply be commuting, no big issue.

At around 400 for a late model, you're 100k under the budget. She can get her dings, dents and small accidents... it's a pretty safe car... and then when she's ready for something better, resell after three or four years for about 250 - 300k.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Iba talaga appeal ng 2nd-gen jazz. Unrivaled in its class.

Kaya yung 3rd gen jazz dapat na iscrap ng honda make a new model na.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234