New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Sirain ba ang Optra? I have a friend who happens to have both 2005 Optra 1.6LS and 2008 Honda Civic 1.8S. Both of which very satisfied sya. Sabi nya, he can't even fully compare the Civic sa Optra kase yung Civic january lang na-deliver sa kanila samantalang yung Optra has been with him for 3 years. Di naman daw sakit sa ulo pero medyo matakaw sa gas (6-7km/l). Other than that, the free 2 years PMS is very convenient and he has no complaints other than the FC whatsoever.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Mahal kasi parts ng Optra eh. Once you need to change stuff under the hood thats where the pain starts....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sabagay Daewoo design kase eh... sa mga Korean makers Kia/Hyundai talaga ang mura ang parts tas Daewoo due to its Opel origins (dunno why it still is at this time) somehow mahal ang pyesa. Ssangyong din mahal, pero O.T na ako.... hehehe :grin2:

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post

Problem mo na lang dyan sa Aveo is its a Chevy and when you say Chevy high maintenance cost comes into mind. Remember the Optra?
    Dont' forget the Venture, the king of maintenance and repairs among all Chevys.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ah yes the Venture the BUFFET KING of gas

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Why does the bank require a dual airbag car? Ano rationale nito? Normally dami namang bangko dyan na magpapaloan even if you buy the unsafest car out there....
    Hmmm.. Actually company ang nag-require nun because it has very high regards for safety. I'll ask nalang siguro BPI medyo malabo kasi.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hey, what do you guys have to say about Kia Rio? I went to the Kia Rio thread eh mukhang ok naman ang mga comments nila and comparable daw ito sa Vios. Totoo kaya yun?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMHO, ill go for the vios pa rin compared with the rio...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The Rio really ain't bad. Personally I'd prefer the hatchback version if it were available.

I would, however, invest in better rubber as soon as I get one, based on Niky's comments in the thread.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Ganun ba, Hyundai local keeps on denying the existence of such cars....
    may prices na si Lui (of Hyundai Abad Santos) albeit tentative pa lang.

420K yung i10 (or is it i20).
    900K daw yung i30 CRDi (138hp).

malamang yung i30 Estate CRDi (wagon) yung 900K na i30. then the i30 hatch CRDi will be priced at around 700K. Then the i20 will be the odd-ball at around 580-600K

Wala eh, diesel lang talaga wise choice sa ngayon (or LPG/CNG). Ewan ko lang kung pwede ito gamitan ng home brewed bio-D from used cooking oil (dami akong sources nito). hehehe. Gasoline naman ok din (kung Jazz/Getz/Vios), kaso pag hataw or traffic na, tapos ka.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What car to buy?