New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Pros and cons of the car. I had little knowledge about the car pero favorite car ko sya nung bata pa ko. Hehe. Sa mga owners anong masasabi nyo?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro View Post
    Pros and cons of the car. I had little knowledge about the car pero favorite car ko sya nung bata pa ko. Hehe. Sa mga owners anong masasabi nyo?
    I know little of the car (so why the heck am I posting here?) but did seriously thought of getting one before. It didn't push thru not because I realized it was an inferior Mitsu model but at that time I was to buy one, walang fresh GSR na INVECS na available.

The GSR was the only local vehicle assembled at that time that was a coupe. I would suggest you get a unit that has maintenanace history --- better yet know the seller (2nd hand car market was never the same since ONDOY) and an already INVECS tranny/ (since the '97-98 models were only availble in M/T)

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I know little of the car (so why the heck am I posting here?) but did seriously thought of getting one before. It didn't push thru not because I realized it was an inferior Mitsu model but at that time I was to buy one, walang fresh GSR na INVECS na available.

The GSR was the only local vehicle assembled at that time that was a coupe. I would suggest you get a unit that has maintenanace history --- better yet know the seller (2nd hand car market was never the same since ONDOY) and an already INVECS tranny/ (since the '97-98 models were only availble in M/T)

Good luck!
    MITSUBISHI GSR = sablay ang suspension. yeah, it look's good but, the suspension..ahh...if I will rank it's suspension from 1-10, I will give a rank of 6.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    INVECS? Di ba sablay pa ang INVECS noon? The manual shift override function was reportedly quite slow and it only had four gears to shift from. IMHO if you're getting a GSR, get the facelifted version which has a more modern look and more safety features like rear disc brakes, airbags and ABS but which is only available in A/T (so much for the sporty nature of the car...)

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Thanks, guys. I've considered 2011 Honda Jazz and Ford Fiesta kaso gipit sa budget. Hehe. Anyway, ano pala yung INVECS? Is it some kind of transmission for Mitsu's?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    INVECS is mitsubishi's term for its adaptive automatic transmission. This was one of the first modern automatic transmissions on the local market to have +/- functionality.

But it's still an automatic, so gearshifts are quite slow, and with only four gears, it's not any faster than other AT cars of the time... despite the later GSR supposedly having more power than the first generation MT cars.

The suspension is stiff (though not uncomfortably so) and sure-footed, as befits a sporty-looking car, but handling is so-so... obviously better than an Exalta of the same time (but everything is), but the steering is heavy and numb and not as good as the Civic VTi or the Mazdaspeed Familia of the time.

The interior is nice. The front seats are great for long drives. The back seat is not just severely lacking in leg-room, but it's uncommonly narrow, too, due to the wheel wells.

At this point in time, it'll be hard finding a good one. Common problem areas are the airconditioning, the IACV and other engine electronics and the suspension (but whether or not they're kalampagin, all Japanese cars this old will need suspension work).

It's a good daily car, but there are sportier and/or more economical choices out there.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

What can you say about Lancer GSR 1999 Model?