New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Magandang gabi mga sir. Need your expert advices.

Gusto ko talaga bumili ng SUV, compact SUV or Pick-up truck. Its something I want to experience not only by myself but my family as well. Anyway, my budget 750K allows me to buy a second hand; everest, crv, ford escape and ranger. Its really tempting to get the Fords and CRV. Pero worried lang ako sa maintenance. More than the FC its the maintenance I'm particular. Tama ba na ang average periodic maintenance is 10K? How about the parts in general? re sale value after 5 years?

Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    2007 Ford Everest or 2008 Ford Ranger. Both are tough trucks. You could care less about the resale value -- though Fords tend to have a fair resale value naman.

I have driven several Everests -- 08 unit and 2011 unit -- malakas body roll, but tolerable. Acceleration is acceptable, not really tad slow, comfort would be subjective but I found it a bit bumpy but the aircon really kills it. Lakas ng A/C for both. 08 unit was MT and 2010 unit was AT.

For parts there's Mazford in Banawe and I believe Fordclubph would be a great help if ever you'll need assistance for something.

Hmmm. An average of 10k seems okay, but for the 20k PMS of my 2007 Civic FD I spent 7k+ pesos so I think 12-15k pesos for peak PMS' ( especially 80k kms ) for SUVs should be the safest point. I may be wrong though. Guesstimate lang.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah get the Everest na lang since diesel... Wag na mga CR-V or Escape gasolina mga yun...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Thanks for your inputs sir. Lastly, CRV over Ford Escape, what do you think (FC, parts, PMS)? And this two over Everest and Ford Ranger?

Maraming Salamat!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Copy Tidus.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frank astra View Post
    Thanks for your inputs sir. Lastly, CRV over Ford Escape, what do you think (FC, parts, PMS)? And this two over Everest and Ford Ranger?

Maraming Salamat!!!
    If the CR-V is the 3rd gen, then I'd pick it over the Escape in a heartbeat. However, if it's the 2nd gen then I'd pick the Escape over it. But then, I would choose the Everest over all of them.

The reason I'd only pick the Ranger is because I'll use the bed, else, my choice stays the same -- Ford Everest.

What to buy with a 750K budget???