New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Coming out from a bimmer, i say check out the Forester XT before jumping to an STI....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    WRX sti is the best pick if you want power but you would sacrifice comfort with that. How bout an Audi A4 turbo? i think it will fit your budget. pero the BMW E90 320i is better but underpowered especially if you come from a 325i.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My choices are down to two na lang. STI or the Camry. I bought my 325i because it has the mix of both luxury and performance (nagdadalawang isip na tuloy ako ibenta ito). Guess i really have to test drive the two cars para malaman kung ano talaga pipiliin ko. Pero yung 2 choice ko parehong di pa pwede i test drive at sa hirap ng units ngayon. Kaya dito na lang ako sa forums umaasa para sa feedbacks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ** Why not nissan TAENA? ive heard mas better DAW sa toyota CAMRY...
    pwede din nissan MURANO V6 power lahat

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    My choices are down to two na lang. STI or the Camry. I bought my 325i because it has the mix of both luxury and performance (nagdadalawang isip na tuloy ako ibenta ito). Guess i really have to test drive the two cars para malaman kung ano talaga pipiliin ko. Pero yung 2 choice ko parehong di pa pwede i test drive at sa hirap ng units ngayon. Kaya dito na lang ako sa forums umaasa para sa feedbacks.
    I think there's a really a mixed feeling of what you really wanted in a car. They are in a totaly different league. As an sti owner , i say if you are a family man you need a second car if you choose an sti. Im a 40 year old with 2 kids but everytime im on my sti i feel like im a freakin 25 . Be sure to test drive first the camry, because if you do the sti first, then its hands down, you gonna sign up for that...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Are you keeping your Bimmer?

If so, this makes a stronger case for the WRX STi... though do try to test drive also the Forester XT.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti View Post
    I think there's a really a mixed feeling of what you really wanted in a car. They are in a totaly different league. As an sti owner , i say if you are a family man you need a second car if you choose an sti. Im a 40 year old with 2 kids but everytime im on my sti i feel like im a freakin 25 . Be sure to test drive first the camry, because if you do the sti first, then its hands down, you gonna sign up for that...
    Im 28. No family. Im going for the STI na talaga. Need to enjoy driving habang i still have a little youth left.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Im 28. No family. Im going for the STI na talaga. Need to enjoy driving habang i still have a little youth left.
    Hehehe, on second thought, yes, I think its the best bang for the buck sporty car right now so you can't go wrong

How I wish I did that too before I got married. Congrats!!!!!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Unless you know top management guys of your Toyota dealer, good luck getting a test drive for the Camry 3.5. As for the WRX STI, I do believe test drives are being given by the Subaru dealership.

I don't think your two candidates (Camry and Impreza) meet your criteria of both luxury and performance. The Camry even with the 3.5-liter is still a Camry (read, an appliance... a luxury appliance, hehehe). The STI is a proper performance car. Apples and oranges. Just my two pennies.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bimmer Sold. Called up my favorite ahente and guess what walang Toyota Camry 3.5Q 3 months waiting period. Fortuner like days. Galing talaga ng Toyota babaan ang supply so people will think na sobrang ganda kaya in demand. Well... maganda din naman talaga IMHO.

Planning naman talaga to get a Subaru Impreza WRX STi . May isa lang akong problema... the warranty for Impreza STi is 1 year/20,000km lang. Kaya kailangan talaga gamitin ng gamitin para kung may bumigay man eh ma claim pa sa warranty. Nagtataka lang ako all the other units for Subaru is 2 year warranty ang Impreza Sti lang ang ganito.

A fellow tsikoteer naman told me na matibay naman ang Subaru and comparable naman daw sa toyota ang reliability. Kailangan ko lang ng assurance from you guys na ito na talaga kukunin ko.

BMW sana kukunin ko kaso may pending pa kaming kaso dun sa kanila.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
What to buy?