New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Kung for daily driving to school lang naman, huwag na ang Grand Vitara. Its great if you plan to go off road with it but if not, you defeat its purpose. The V6 engine most certainly isn't economical, Suzuki parts are quite expensive and dealer network is limited.
    Diesel versions of the Grand Vitara share the engine with the 1st-generation Kia Sportage, that would also be a good option...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    sir imho tanungin niyo yung anak niyo kung ano ang preferred auto niya. mahirap na kasi kung kayo lang ang pipili without asking for his opinion lalo na at siya ang gagamit ng auto everyday. my 2 cents!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Thanks ulit mga bros.

myk384: ease of maintenance is important because i plan to designate all the maintenance to him para naman matuto just like us before... Pasok nga ang Vit dito.

GTi: yup, gas 3.0. I was not impressed with the features for its price. His present ride is actually gas-fed and too big for them (with his high school brother) so i want him to down-grade. I can't find a decent diesel unit for my budget thats why all my choices are gas-fed and I can't afford the more expensive diesel units at this time.

Isip isp muna ako...

Salamat ulit.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dambala View Post
    Thanks ulit mga bros.

myk384: ease of maintenance is important because i plan to designate all the maintenance to him para naman matuto just like us before... Pasok nga ang Vit dito.

GTi: yup, gas 3.0. I was not impressed with the features for its price. His present ride is actually gas-fed and too big for them (with his high school brother) so i want him to down-grade. I can't find a decent diesel unit for my budget thats why all my choices are gas-fed and I can't afford the more expensive diesel units at this time.

Isip isp muna ako...

Salamat ulit.
    Ah ganon. What is his present ride? And how much is your budget? If ease of maintenance is important, I'd suggest you get the 3 door Pajero with the 4D56 engine. Power is adequate for this body, parts are abundant and cheap, and it'll last very long with proper maintenance. See if you can get a manual unit so that it is even more economical and problem-free. Average price for these is around 200+k to 300+k depending on the condition and your ability to smooth talk the seller. Search for these ad ID's at Sulit:
    3627534, 4420158, 4552007, 4488199. Take note that those with the hood scoop bear the 2.8L 4M40 engine.

For your purpose, consider also the Revo diesel. Matipid sa crudo, mura ang piyesa, matibay ang pang-ilalim, nakakasakay ng marami... Nasa 300+k average price niyan.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Among your choices, I'd go for the 3 door pajero. outside those, i recommend looking into diesel pickups like the nissan frontier - you can get a 2000 to 2002 model for your budget.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Salamat ulit... I really appreciate it.

Pick up? Pwede...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Vitara vs Grand Vitara vs Pajero for 250K-350K budget