New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2018
    Sa mga experts natin diyan, pahingi ng payo - between the Vitara GLX and Kona, which is better since their prices are similar?

Better in terms of after-sales service, availability of parts, fuel consumption and over-all impact. If you had a budget ceiling of no more than 1.1M, which car would you buy? Or is there another car under the same category that you would rather purchase with the aforementioned budget in mind for a family of four?

Use: short trips from house to office daily as well as trips from Los Baños, Laguna to Caloocan twice a month

Thank you

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    No more than 1.1M? I think I would get an Altis 1.6G but I’d spend a bit more to get the Civic 1.8L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2018
    Thanks for the input Egan101 although I was thinking more on the lines of a crossover or a similarly built unit as the Vitara and Kona as I mentioned on my post. I really am not into sedans.

I appreciate your suggestions though.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by acunacun View Post
    Sa mga experts natin diyan, pahingi ng payo - between the Vitara GLX and Kona, which is better since their prices are similar?

Better in terms of after-sales service, availability of parts, fuel consumption and over-all impact. If you had a budget ceiling of no more than 1.1M, which car would you buy? Or is there another car under the same category that you would rather purchase with the aforementioned budget in mind for a family of four?

Use: short trips from house to office daily as well as trips from Los Baños, Laguna to Caloocan twice a month

Thank you
    Malaki laki siguro ang difference in FC ng Vitara and Kona since the Vitara is 1.6 and the Kona is 2.0. Depends on your priorities now.

My impression on the Kona is that it is very low, almost like a hatchback. So the benefit of ground clearance is gone.

Not considering the BRV? Similar power output to the Vitara plus a 3rd row.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2018
    Thank you for your input GTi

I was considering the BRV at one point since it has provisions for 2 more seats which may be needed on some occasions. I was just thinking that the Vitara GLX has more to offer in terms of features and what not since they are fairly equal in terms of power, at least on paper.

It will be included in my list of vehicles to test drive along with the Vitara and Kona. I am just in a conundrum at the moment and undecided unless a solid argument can be presented in favor of one car over the other. I was considering the Rush and Xpander as well before but I kinda figured that they are underpowered for what they are and for their purpose.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008

I was considering the BRV at one point since it has provisions for 2 more seats which may be needed on some occasions. I was just thinking that the Vitara GLX has more to offer in terms of features and what not since they are fairly equal in terms of power, at least on paper.

It will be included in my list of vehicles to test drive along with the Vitara and Kona. I am just in a conundrum at the moment and undecided unless a solid argument can be presented in favor of one car over the other. I was considering the Rush and Xpander as well before but I kinda figured that they are underpowered for what they are and for their purpose.
    "underpowered" is relative, in my opinion.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008

Do a test drive to justify your "under power" speculation.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008

The old Revo 1.8 gasoline had only 94hp and was designed to ferry 10 passengers. Depends on your standards really.

With regards sa BRV kasi, practicality ang sales pitch neto. Theres the aforementioned 7 seats. The engine is shared among four different models and has been in existence for over a decade. Of course there's the traditional Honda quality and reliability which, in my opinion, is up there with Toyota's.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Thanks for the input Egan101 although I was thinking more on the lines of a crossover or a similarly built unit as the Vitara and Kona as I mentioned on my post. I really am not into sedans.

I appreciate your suggestions though.

In such a case, why not spend a bit more to get a Subaru XV. It is a much better platform than the Vitara or Kona.

It will also address your concern about some other rides being underpowered.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2018

Thank you
    For me po, Vitara GLX. Madaming features. Pinaka magaan compared sa ibang CUVs. Mas mataas ang ground clearance than Kona. Japanese car na made in Europe.
    Hindi po ako expert ha? Hihihihihi Salamat po.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast