New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Mr. WaxDaddy at Speedlab got a real "virgin" SIR (all stock, did 144 whp on the dyno... ) for 420 k or so... then sold it for a "virgin" Subie with only 17k kms on the odo...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    the SIR is what? 9-10 yrs old car? there is no such thing as a "virgin" car or "good as new 10 yrs old car"....
    Oh yes there are. Believe it or not nakakita na ako ng 1983 lancer boxtype, with all of the original plastic wrap still intact (this was in 2005)!

Then there are the concourse de eleganza cars, which are better than new.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    Believe me, there are. They may be hard to find, but they're out there, and that's what makes them even more desirable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Oh yes there are. Believe it or not nakakita na ako ng 1983 lancer boxtype, with all of the original plastic wrap still intact (this was in 2005)!

Then there are the concourse de eleganza cars, which are better than new.
    yah, there might be some, and even if there are, in my book a 9-10 yr old car will never be a "virgin", no matter how I look at it, there will always be deterioration some way or another unless they were enclosed in a vacuum sealed, climate/humidity controlled room....
    Last edited by shadow; January 3rd, 2008 at 08:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    Mga bossing,

This is my first time to post on this thread. I am a first owner of a 2000 sir which has logged around 100,000 kms. The car's engine has been maintained by the casa and I have never raced it. No modifications, all original accessories. I use it to go to work from Q.C. / Pasig to Makati.

Someone is quoting me 330,000 for the sir. Is this a good price? Most of the buy and sell magazines peg the price for the same car at around 380,000 to 400,000. Based on my experience, the car is really dependable and for those na gustong humataw paminsan-minsan, mas okay siya compared to the newer civic models.

Salamat sa advice mga boss.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Since there are buyers even at a higher price it would be to your advantage to up your price as well start with P380 or something like that kasi siguradong tatawaran ka ng buyer then from there ikaw na bahala ano floor price mo....

As for the topic. I would just go for the FD Civic. Although porma talaga ng SIR its still an old car, unless racer boy ka talaga then maybe the SIR is for you but for regular folks like me you're better of with a newer car...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I just wish we had the Mugen Si here. Is it possible to get it from the casa? Imported but from them?

FD for me. Porma. Underground racing days are gone anyway and a 8-9 year old car will always be 8-9 years old. Virgin? Mahirap na talaga maghanap nun ngayon, Kahit sa mga ba..ba.. tukan kita dyan <<<< asawa ko.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    id take the SiR, great car.

old technology is still better than brandnew tech. after maubos lahat ng recall and glitch ng FD, maybe ill consider changing my mind.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by vnl View Post
    Mga bossing,

This is my first time to post on this thread. I am a first owner of a 2000 sir which has logged around 100,000 kms. The car's engine has been maintained by the casa and I have never raced it. No modifications, all original accessories. I use it to go to work from Q.C. / Pasig to Makati.

Someone is quoting me 330,000 for the sir. Is this a good price? Most of the buy and sell magazines peg the price for the same car at around 380,000 to 400,000. Based on my experience, the car is really dependable and for those na gustong humataw paminsan-minsan, mas okay siya compared to the newer civic models.

Salamat sa advice mga boss.
    Some people will pay up to 400,000 for a virgin car, but at 100,000 kms, your car is hardly a "virgin". 330k is acceptable, but you might get 350k if the buyer likes it.

Yes, you can say you've never raced it, but there are so many people who take modified SIRs and remove the mods and sell them as "stock" that buyers have become wary. It'll all come down to the actual condition of the engine (how smooth it sounds, etcetera). If the car sounds good and runs smoothly, you might get 350 or so, but I doubt you can get 400k.

A friend paid 400k for one with just 30,000 kilometers on the odometer (from a trusted seller), and that one was so fresh that it made 10 hp more on the dyno than a stock car... (waitaminute... what? )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Virgin CIVIC SIR vs 8th Gen CIVIC