New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Virgin :naughty2: SiR because I've always dreamed of owning one and even up today I'd still give an arm and a leg to have one.

It's gonna be a classic I tell you

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Hi tsikoteers

Friend ko yung humihingi ng advice sa akin kung ano sa dalawa....Eh nahirapan ako kung ano sasabihin ko kaya ask ko advice nyo

Ang asking price 450 thou. Usually weekend lang ginagamit.....Tapos bahay-tindahan lang, eh ang lapit lang......sobra dami kotse nung may-ari....stock na stock.....hindi mahilig sa karera.....casa maintained...

Kaso yung 8th gen civic 1.8 eh 777thou.....(327thou lang difference)

Parehang maganda kaya dilema tuloy kung ano bibilhin....

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Caveat emptor lang sa mga naghahanap ng EK4 Civic SiR.

Napakahirap maghanap ng ganyan na hindi pa nabuksan ang engine block for modification. All its desirability and popularity as a tuner's favorite is somewhat taking its toll on the second-hand market because you almost can't find one that's still "untouched".

PhP450k is a little high considering it's almost 10 years old. I have a colleague who's also looking for EK4s and he found a good specimen at PhP380k.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Virgin CivicSIR for performance. 8th Gen Civic for efficiency.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    I'd go with the SIR, you can have fun both ways, pwede rin namang daily driver mo at weekend hataw fest. And as far as i could remember parang walang blind spots ang sir compared to the 8th gen civic. Malaki kasi ang A-pillar ng 8th gen civic plus pag nilagyan mo pa ng rain visor mahirap lalo na in siksikan situations.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Take a mechanic along to verify that the engine is untouched and in good condition. It just takes a cold start-up and a couple of spins around the block to assess the engine's condition.

If it's true that the owner merely used it in that way, I'd be willing to pay an extra 20-40k pesos for it.

The new 1.8 Civic has a better torque band, and it's a great commuter car, but the price difference is impossible to ignore.

-----

And yah, the extremely slanted windshield makes merging onto main roads a pain... and the rear windshield is also kind of small. The upright greenhouse of the SiR makes it a doodle to drive.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    nice to have both though pero mas pabor ako sa brand new if you have to choose one, magagamit mo pa ten years from now. but if this virgin SiR will be your second car that you can refit and modified it will be great!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the SIR is what? 9-10 yrs old car? there is no such thing as a "virgin" car or "good as new 10 yrs old car"....

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    What about the 30-year old virgin? haha. Joke. Palagay ko magiging depende sa iyo yan kung ano priorities mo. Kung OK ang budget mo at important sa iyo ang reliability at efficiency, sa new Civic ka na. Pero kung nagtitipid ka at may know-how at oras ka mag maintain, the ten year old virgin should be fine -- assuming, as Niky says, that she is indeed a virgin. Kung dun ka nga lang sa huli, magsama ka ng 'duktor' para maka-siguro. hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    the SIR is what? 9-10 yrs old car? there is no such thing as a "virgin" car or "good as new 10 yrs old car"....
    Believe me, there are. They may be hard to find, but they're out there, and that's what makes them even more desirable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Virgin CIVIC SIR vs 8th Gen CIVIC